ACT1
Level 1: Cadet

Can I keep current landlines and ADSL and add a new line with NBN?

Answered

Hello

We have analogue lines, ISDN lines and ADSL at our business premises.

Is it possible to bring in NBN (FTTN) on a new phone line without disconnecting any of the existing services?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I keep current landlines and ADSL and add a new line with NBN?

Probably not. If the NBN is active in an area then it is very difficult to get a new line run to a premises that has existing lines.

Then 18 months after the NBN has become active in your area, existing services are switched off, so you need to switch by then.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Probably not. If the NBN is active in an area then it is very difficult to get a new line run to a premises that has existing lines.

Then 18 months after the NBN has become active in your area, existing services are switched off, so you need to switch by then.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ACT1
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter

I understand that eventually we have to move over but I am very concerned about the quality of the NBN service (phones dropping out etc) so I was hoping to trial it before committing fully.

As a business customer do you know if Telstra give any guarantees regarding performance? Such as problems being rectified within a certain time frame?

Highlighted

Performance guarantees on NBN become difficult as Telstra don't own the infrastructure. They also depend on whether you are classified as a Small Business or Enterprise Customer. But generally speaking, the guarantees would be similar to what you have now.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more