CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
auspac128
Level 1: Cadet

Can our workshop get NBN? Existing FTTN connection? - Smithfield NSW

Hi Guys,

We have a workshop on the Cumberland Hwy in Smitfield NSW, the office currently running ADSL2+ of Telstra.

Approx. 6 Mbits Down & 0.5 Mbits Up, about 4-5km from the Guildford exchange.

As business grows, we're in pursuit for a better broadband solution, so we can introduce more services such as VoIP, exchange server, web hosting and cater for more staff. Of course, within a reasonable cost.

Last week, I put through a cable internet order request with Telstra small business. A technician came onsite investigated the infrastructure in the area, it turns out cable is only available to the "pit", and we'll need to get a private contractor to run the cable to our site. It'll be a very costy execerise.

However, the tech said we may be in luck, it turns out there is exisiting fibre connection from the pit to our premise. And there is an exisitng Telstra FTTN equipement cabinet onsite! See attached photo.

I have since rang Telstra serveral times, been tranferred to serveral departments but no one can tell me what these equipments are and whether we can re-use them. The tech suggest me to get in touch with NBN Co. But search on NBN Co. shows no NBN has rolled out in our area.

So, here I am to see if anyone in the communicty can help us identify these equipments?

We really hope we can get NBN.

Regards

William

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can our workshop get NBN? Existing FTTN connection? - Smithfield NSW

Hi auspac128. I've asked a few people and they're not familiar with this equipment. 

Please visit you NBN availability.. or the NBN rollout map http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/rollout-map.html to keep up to date with the status and availability of NBN in your area.

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now