Highlighted
S_McCarthy
Level 1: Cadet

DNS propagation issues - URGENT

Please help!

I am having the same issue as reported by a number of people in this thread: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Business-Broadband-Solutions/DNS-Propagation/td-p/58610.

Basically, last night (March 1st 2017 at about 8pm) we moved our website from one hosting provider to another. As part of this process we updated the nameservers with our domain registrar. The new nameservers should take 20 minutes to 4 hours to 'propagate' through the internet i.e. for all the ISP's to realise that the nameservers have changed and update their cached records. Once they have propagated everyone should be able to see the new website at the new location.

However, as reported in the above thread, Telstra Bigpond hasn't updated their records and so all Bigpond customers are still being directed to the old server.

There is no resolution in the above thread - several techs have mentioned TTL but that is definitely not the issue. As I mentioned, every other ISP we have tested is pointing to the correct web host.

Can someone please urgently contact me with a resolution?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DNS propagation issues - URGENT

Are you still experiencing this issue or has it resolved itself?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more