Highlighted
speen24
Level 1: Cadet

Emails to bigpond.com bouncing

We are currently not able to send 'to' any bigpond email account from our organisation. Can anyone please asssit ?

thanks

@remote Server at extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.172.106) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed'

9/26/2017 8:55:19 AM - Remote Server at extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.172.106) returned '451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "554 Connection refused. See https://senderscore.org. IB114."

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Emails to bigpond.com bouncing

Hi speen24,

I can raise a request to our engineers to take a look at this. So that I can do this, can you send me a private message with the following information, please?

• The error message. e.g:  IB504, IB007 etc.
  • Sample dates & times of when the error is happening.
  • Sending domain/address
  • If you are attempting to send to addresses at bigpond.com or bigpond.net.au or both.
  • An approximate of the volume of emails that are attempting to send per hour to us.
  • The source IP of the sending server if possible.
  • Justification of the request
  • Contact details

Once I receive this information, I will raise an escalation and will provide you with updates as I receive them.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

optimumpc

Telstra need to fix this ASAP, stop using such a poor service as sender score, that offer no way to be removed from there list other than paying big $$$. I can see this ending up in the media very soon...

@speen24 wrote:

We are currently not able to send 'to' any bigpond email account from our organisation. Can anyone please asssit ?

thanks

@remote Server at extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.172.106) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed'

9/26/2017 8:55:19 AM - Remote Server at extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.172.106) returned '451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "554 Connection refused. See https://senderscore.org. IB114."

Roggle

Hi i have a client experiencing similar issues sending to bigpond.com & bigpond.com.au addresses.

If you could please assist ?

14/11/2017 5:03:55 PM - '451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421 4.2.1 Unable to connect." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts.See https://senderscore.org. IB114."

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi, 

In the error messages that you've provided it advises that you check https://senderscore.org for the reason as to why this is happening.

Senderscore is a reputation over time service and the senderscore website contains a lookup section where you can check the reputation of your IP.

Please check this website and if your reputation is low, you should be investigating why it is low and resolving the issues. Once you resolve the issues, your senderscore will increase over time as the mail you are sending no longer triggers filters and traps.

Poor reputations are normally due to compromised servers, or accounts on these servers sending spam or other bad mail.This is not a traditional blacklist where you are either blocked or not, but we apply rules based on your reputation. If you have a very low reputation we will block your access.

If you check the senderscore website and your reputation is high but you are still getting these errors please provide me with the details I listed in my first post in this thread and I can pass this on to be investigated.

Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MichelleMR

Same issue. All bigpond emails being rejected when sent from my .com.au site.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more