Highlighted
GA
Level 1: Cadet

Exchange server not found with Outlook 2013

My domain is hosted by Telstra on Microsoft Exchange and I have no problems checking my emails on my old computer (using Outlook 2007) or on my phone (it's Windows 7, not sure what version of Outlook it's running). However, I have just purchased a new laptop on which I have installed Office 365, and Outlook 2013 will not recognise the exchange server. I have used the same settings as for my other computers, but when I try to check the name it returns the following message "The action can not be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

The server settings I have entered are: mapi.pm.telstra.com

I have also, at the suggestion of technical assistnce tried pop.telstrabusiness.com which doesn't seem appropriate given that it is an exchange server account not pop, but, regardless, I received the same message.

I can not find anything online that might solve this issue, although I do note that the only instructions for setting up an exchange server account I can find (from Telstra) are for Exchange server 2003 set up using Office 2003 or 2007. I hope that doesn't mean that my emails are still being hosted on Exchange 2003 as Microsoft say that Outlook 2013 does not support this exchange server as it is 10 years old. I would hope, that given that you can purchase Office 365 through Telstra, that their exchange servers have been updated to cope with the software.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Exchange server not found with Outlook 2013

Hi GA,

I don't have the answers that you seek, but I believe the people you need to speak with is the T-Suite team.

You can contact them on 1800 878 483.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now