pauljm
Level 2: Rookie

Installing the 4G in Enterprise environment

Answered

Does anyone have any guidance on installing the Telstra 4G USB devices via SCCM for a corporate enterprise.

Also Being that this appears to use the same Telstra Wacther software, is there any way to either install both the 3G and 4G versions together.

Does the 4G telstra watcher work for the older 3G cards.

I am awaiting my demo copy of the 4G so having any answers in advance would be of great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pauljm
Accepted Solution

Re: Installing the 4G in Enterprise environment

In case anyone else needs this info.

Installing in Enterprise can be done by downloading the latest installer from http://telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/help-support/software-downloads/ Look for the Windows installer on this page.

Extract the files as per the instructions to c:\telstra...

Script your installer to run setup.exe -silent and wait 3-4 minutes.

Supports the 4G USB Model320U, and the Telstra Elite 3G cards, but not other models I have access to , even if drivers are preloaded.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 17: Bureau Chief

@pauljm wrote:

Does anyone have any guidance on installing the Telstra 4G USB devices via SCCM for a corporate enterprise.

Also Being that this appears to use the same Telstra Wacther software, is there any way to either install both the 3G and 4G versions together.

Does the 4G telstra watcher work for the older 3G cards.

I am awaiting my demo copy of the 4G so having any answers in advance would be of great help.

Not sure about all the various versions out there but here's a data point. I'm running "Telstra Broadband Manager". In its Help/About box, it identifies itself as "Mobile Broadband Manager 3.5.10812"

It runs both the build-in 3G modem in my laptop and the 4G dongle. If both are there, it asks which one I want to use.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
pauljm

many thanks, where abouts did you get the Telstra Broadband Manager from, direct from the Telstra website? Or was it preloaded on the flasdrives on one of the devices?

Level 17: Bureau Chief

@pauljm wrote:

many thanks, where abouts did you get the Telstra Broadband Manager from, direct from the Telstra website? Or was it preloaded on the flasdrives on one of the devices?

It's the one that auto-installs when you plug in the 4G thingy.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
pauljm
Accepted Solution

In case anyone else needs this info.

Installing in Enterprise can be done by downloading the latest installer from http://telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/help-support/software-downloads/ Look for the Windows installer on this page.

Extract the files as per the instructions to c:\telstra...

Script your installer to run setup.exe -silent and wait 3-4 minutes.

Supports the 4G USB Model320U, and the Telstra Elite 3G cards, but not other models I have access to , even if drivers are preloaded.

VisualJ
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, do you know what uninstall switches this supports? I've tried /u /rm /uninstall with no luck.

Thanks

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now