Highlighted
BeePee
Level 6: Bloodhound

My Account - Data Usage

Answered

Hi.  I got somethig weird going on when I log into My Account

http://www.telstrabusiness.com/business/link/myaccount 

When I click on the Mobile tab I can see my 4 accounts there.

When I expand the one for my mobile broadband account it displays my data usage (8gb plan) as 

" You've used 23GB of your 31GB limit"

This device has not been used this month so has not used any data but why doesn't it just display

"You've used 0GB of your 8GB limit"

Not disputing the data usage but rather how it is displayed in My Account.

Anyone shed any light here for me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: My Account - Data Usage

No worries - My Account/Online Services support is 1800 017 715 (weekdays from 8am–5pm AEST)

Although I'm a Telstra Employee - All words are my own and represent my opinion only - not that of Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Level 23: Superhero

I don't utilise business accounts, but could it be because some business plans allow all data allowances to be pooled and shared across a fleet of devices?

So the combined data allowance of all your plans on that account would be 31GB?

Though if you don't have them pooled, it is a bit silly to display it that way.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
BeePee

Thanks Kalak

The accounts are not shared.  Both the mobile broadband device display the data usage this way.

I have another sim for voice (smartphone) which is in a shared account with the sim for the TAB.  Both these account display properly ie: 0GB out of 8GB.

I have changed the data limit on the devices from time to time when we use a lot of data when we travel for instance.  It seems when they change the data limit on the plan the fiddle with the display this weird usage equation.

Andrew

I've also noticed this, and it seems to have come into play since the Pro-rata rules where changed. 

(That is if you add a data pack/connect a plan, the $$ is prorated but the usage is not)

Perhaps its an issue with My Account not picking this up - I'd suggest to call the online bill helpdesk and lodge a fault with the team to be investigated.

Although I'm a Telstra Employee - All words are my own and represent my opinion only - not that of Telstra.
BeePee

thanks Andrew.

Can you supply a number or link to the online bill helpdesk please ?
Andrew
Accepted Solution

No worries - My Account/Online Services support is 1800 017 715 (weekdays from 8am–5pm AEST)

BeePee

Thanks Andrew.  Just check in My Account and all accounts now display correctly.

Maybe they rebooted the flux capacitor Smiley Happy

super-granny1
Level 1: Cadet

I seem to have disabled my data usage and its not working. Can u suggest what I am or not doing right. super-granny1

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi super-granny1, 

I don't think it's possible for you to disable your data usage meter on your My Account profile page. 

Can you tell me if you're stil having this problem?

- Luis

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

lindajq

I have the same problem and I definately have not disabled my data usage. Just another Telstra failure at Customer Service. Cannot get an answer from them and do not have anymore time to waste on the. It is nothing you have done, I have been getting this message for 2 days and it is time Telstra got their act together and sorted these problems out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi lindajq, if uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest version doesn't help then our App Support team on 13 22 00 would be best to speak to. You should also be able to check your service details via the My Account portal at http://goo.gl/X7Ymv.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

greywolf45

re useage meter

I am unable to check my usage as it is showing it is locke how can i fix this.

Johnno31

Telstra 24/7 app does show data usage, but I cant find any app that monitors call usage.  Is there such an app

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Johnno - while it's not part of the 24x7 app yet, the details at http://goo.gl/MLc0LG and http://goo.gl/nehuSW advise how you can keep an eye on your call usage

ShyahneStevenso

Hey I've lost my acc for a while and only just jumped back on I need my green light can I please have a detailed recharge
sergeterzic

Afternoon,

I am looking to find a url directory which would take me directly to the option of topping up my Home Broadband Data.

I have currently used 92% of my data allowance with half of the month left to go and I undertsnad I have 3 top ups available to use.

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

@sergeterzic You will need to speak with our team to activate one of your 3 Data Top-Ups. You can chat with our team on http://tel.st/hsc3 or call 132200 and they will be able to do this for you.

oldguyzrule
Level 2: Rookie

On Apr 16 upgraded my mobile plan (with Roaming) to $55 and 3.5gb and as a result was given an extra 25Gb for the first month.

Also accepted additional cost involved with a new Galaxy Tab 3 as part of the upgrade - now with both devices as part of the Shared plan.

Am currently overseas and have noticed via Telstra app that the data usage on my mobile (part of the shared plan) is at 361MB used and the Galaxy Tab  is 31.9MB (Total  393MB of 28.5GB in Plan).

The Data Usage overseas cost is currently shows as $93.24 (before discounts etc etc)

Is there a reason why the data usage cost is showing or is it just a guide.

Pretty confusing unless their is some fine print regarding overseas data or the cost comes out at the end of the month before the final bill calculation (assuming I don't use more than 28.5GB in the month).

Of interest before I left I went to our local Telstra shop and was assured that the one month extra usage would be able to be used overseas part of the plan.

Any explanations would be appreciated

Support Team
Support Team

Hi oldguyzrule, 

All included plan usage is for national usage only, this is staged in the Terms & Conditions of each plan. 

For any type of International usage, it's recommended to opt for an International Travel Pass, details here: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-roaming unless you opt for using a local SIM. 

Crotty

Hi, I'm in Los Angeles and would like international roaming on my phone for text message - not data. Can you please help as currently I can't use my phone as it says sos only.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Crotty, you'll need to enable roaming on your phone, usually you arrange this 48 hours before you leave but you can request this online here: https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming

I do recommend having a read of the charges to use your service overseas so you're aware, and consider adding a Travel Pass for best value.

There's no separate roaming option to differentiate between data and calls/text etc, but you can simply turn data off using the settings on your handset Smiley Happy

kcuf

Having similar problems...

SMS says "used ~7GB of 14.29GB" (shared plan) - the individual items add up to about 3.9GB and the plan should be 3x5GB=15Gb anyway. (Individual SIMs areshowing plans of 2x5GB and 3x100MB)

In short no way you line them up gets the numbers to add up.

Increases my faith in the ability to bill against usage - NOT!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now