Highlighted
valli
Level 1: Cadet

NBN connection calls

I received a call from a person stating she was from Telstra and discussed NBN connection for my line. She quoted a price of 120 dollars with further reductions. She said that she would call back and lo and behold I get an email from Telstra confirmingh installation which I ignored.

Subsequently on 8.6.18 I receive a call on my hands free from a person named Rohan who was stationed in India stating he is the coordinator of the installation. I asked him about the discrepancy of the rates etc he said that there was a cooling off period with no obligation etc. I asked him to send all by email and I received a generic email stating that the installation was fixed for a weeks time. No mention of all the sweetners he gave over the phone.

I wrote to him to state I do not want him to send any hardware as it will not be accepted, nor should anyone come to connect the NBN as they will not be admitted.

No reply

Is this strong arm tactics by telstra or is it a scam

valli

valli

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN connection calls

Hi Valli,

I am sorry about this. I would suggest speaking directly with our NBN Sales Team via 1800 834 273 in relation any pending order which could be in place. They shall also be able to confirm if it was indeed a Telstra NBN Consultant who contacted you and if not what can be done to address this further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more