Wader77
Level 2: Rookie

NBN down for 2 weeks

We have recently had a new NBN service connected for our business.  

For the first few weeks we had a solid 70/30, then we had a outage and when it came back on we had 40/3.

I reported the problem on the 17th August and have been calling up every day since with Telstra simply stating that they are escalating the problem to back of house/NBN.

I've estimated I've spent about 25 hours on the phone to Telstra in the last two weeks as well as the lost productivity for our staff.

We are trying to run a business and have been constantly battling up to 10 dropouts per day along with the poor speed.

I have lodged a TIO complaint as well as a complaint to Telstra.

Apart from this, what else can I do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: NBN down for 2 weeks

You can rule out internal cabling.  

Is this for a FTTN service?
If possible, relocate the modem to the point at which your phone line enters the building.  Check your line speeds then.
Isolate your speed tests so that only ONE computer/device is on the network for the tests too - this will rule out bandwidth hogs and give you grounding for your TIO complaint resolution.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.
Wader77

Thanks very much for the suggestion.  

We have tried the following:

- A new line to the modem

- Two different modems - another Telstra one and a different brand

The modem is the only device on the line and the line only terminates to one outlet.

The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Any chance of determining where that line for that one outlet enters the building and shortening the run?
If not, you're out of luck... you will have to wait for Telstra/NBNco remediation on the services.  This could be on your lead-in, or the pit your lead-in comes from, or the pillar, node, or more.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.
Wader77

There is the possibility of moving to another pair in the mdf but the fact that it was solid for three weeks leads me to believe it's a fault outside of my building.

Wader77

So we had an NBN tech out on Friday, they found a fault and fixed it.  The service ran fine for the rest of the day then deteriorated back to the original problem.

The tech that came out said the line still didn't look right but was going to leave it and see how it goes.

Are there any Telstra reps here that can assist!?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Wader77

Very sorry to read that you NBN issues are still ongoing.

If the NBN Faults team is not able to assist you on 1800 834 273 I would recommend you 

raise a complaint and have a case manager assigned to your accounts you can do so via the following link:

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint 

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Wader77

Hi Jimmy-Lo,

Thanks for the feedback.  We have had someone looking at our case but they are saying that NBN co have tested and said that there is no fault and have refused to look at it.

I have some stats off our modem showing otherwise:

Attainable Rate:        67044 kbits/s            3709 kbits/s
Actual Power:            14.3 dBm                 2.9 dBm
Per Band Status:        D1      D2      D3      U0      U1      U2      U3
Line Attenuation(dB):   12.9    38.3    61.0    8.0     32.7    46.7    N/A
Signal Attenuation(dB): 19.2    37.9    61.2    8.0     31.6    N/A     N/A
Noise Margin(dB):       11.4    11.7    11.8    8.7     8.6     8.6     N/A
Total FECC:             645037                   12706573

CRC Errors:           13977            13977          4245              4245

Based on the errors and the poor upload speed, there is obviously something going on.  

Very frustrated at the moment!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more