PritchF
Level 2: Rookie

NBN dropouts at business and landline is digital so also drops out

Randomly at our work premises I get up to 10 dropouts a day, sometimes no dropouts at all for a long time then they start again. When they happen - they happen all day. My modem is Telstra Gateway Pro, installed by Telstra. We were told by a Telstra business consultant that we couldn't operate the land line any longer without going digital due to nbn (we now know that this wasn't true and have regretted it ever since) - we changed to digital office phone which is useless when we have nbn dropouts. We divert it to a mobile - but when you have 3 lines and numerous staff this is an issue. We have NBN FTTN. I have started keeping track of dropouts and for the past 2 weeks we have had 20 dropouts. There appears to be no internal reason for these dropouts.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN dropouts at business and landline is digital so also drops out

Hi PritchF, 

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear of the trouble with your connection. We report outages or maintenance on our service status page below. This might be the cause:

https://outages.telstra.com/

Also an isolation test might fix the connection if nothing is listed too:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/How-To-Troubleshoot-Speed-Issues/ta-p/27813...

If not, please call Telstra Technical Support team on 133 933 they can run some tests and get this working again.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DamianVL
Level 2: Rookie

Re: NBN dropouts at business and landline is digital so also drops out

Hi PritchF, the VDSL modem you're using could be the cause. It's troublesome and I'm sure any IT contact that's dealt with them can attribute to that.

I've found success in replacing the modem, specifically to the Draytek Vigor 2862 LTE. A little expensive but worth it.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are feaful

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now