CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
tomsyd
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear NIGHTHAWK M1 Router VOIP

HI,

I have 2 Commander phones in my office. These are voip phones i believe.

Becuase of the distance from the closest telstra exchange our internet connection is very slow. 

The guys in the telstra shop advised me to purchase the nighthawk m1 modem as the upload and download speeds are much faster. The speeds are much faster and its a good connection however the commander phones dont work now as i now need to change the modem settings  by disabling SIP ALG and QOS to ensure the commander phones can work.

Have spoken to telstra technical support who arent even sure what sip alg is, they connected me through to netgear but netgear refurse to help me as i purchased the product through the telstra shop. I have spent many hours on hold etc. 

Anyone know how to get these voip phones working over the nighthawk m1?

Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Tom

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Netgear NIGHTHAWK M1 Router VOIP

Having just read the manual, I can see no mention of SIP ALG or QOS settings. It may be that they are not accessible in the firmware.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 23: Superhero

I notice this is in the business section of Crowd Support. Is it a business mobile broadband service?

If so, have you tried asking for an external IP address? I say this because otherwise you get an internal IP address behind CG-NAT which may cause issues, particularly with incoming calls on VoIP-based services.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
JDownie
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Tom, 

Did you go ahead with this.  I actually went ahead and purchased the Nighthawk M1 on a plan for exactly the same purpose, but now I can't get my VOIP to work on it. If you did proceed, I'm wondering if you encountered issues with your VOIP and got it working?

If you can post any tips that would be appreciated.

John

Support Team
Support Team

Hi JDownie,

If you need a hand with VOIP working on your Nighthawk, please give our mobile technical team a call on 125 111 so they can assist.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now