CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Scarae
Level 1: Cadet

Network service issues

Answered

I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction on this one.

Over the last few months, we have had an intermittent issue where if someone in the office opens a lot of browser tabs simultaneously, or opens a page with a lot of elements (like a news site), it will kill the internet for everyone else in the office.

If I log into the router during this period, the logs show no issues, so we're not actually being disconnected.

What I suspect is the issue is that all of the bandwidth is being given to that one computer, however, it is puzzling that we have no always had this problem.

Here's a bit of background info:

Model of modem: Netgear CGD24N

Connection type: BigPond Cable

Number of PCs: 13

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Network service issues

Hi Scarae

Welcome to Crowdsupport. It does sound like the bandwidth may have been allocated incorrectly by the networking device you are using or the bandwidth may not be enough to maintain a network of 13 computers on a BigPond Cable network. Since networking issues are outside the support boundaries of BigPond tech support team, you'll need to get in touch with our premium support partner Telstra plus on 13 PLUS or visit their website at http://www.telstra.com.au/telstraplus

They can suggest different networking devices or organise for a tech to come to your premises if need be to setup a network.

Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Scarae

Welcome to Crowdsupport. It does sound like the bandwidth may have been allocated incorrectly by the networking device you are using or the bandwidth may not be enough to maintain a network of 13 computers on a BigPond Cable network. Since networking issues are outside the support boundaries of BigPond tech support team, you'll need to get in touch with our premium support partner Telstra plus on 13 PLUS or visit their website at http://www.telstra.com.au/telstraplus

They can suggest different networking devices or organise for a tech to come to your premises if need be to setup a network.

Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Scarae
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the advice, I will see what I can find out Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now