starkuless
Level 2: Rookie

New connection, no sync

Hello Everyone,

So the company I work for recently moved offices and had two lines run into the building, and a Biz Essentials Telstra Business Broadband provisioned onto each line. The lines were provisioned a day or so apart (Telstra can't do anyting the easy way!). Since being provisioned, we have had near constant loss of sync on both lines.

I have contacted Telstra Business Support on multiple occasions and been given vastly different answers (so vastly different that the staff on the phone refuse to believe what I was told previously when I explain to them).

Some facts;

1. Services provisioned at the beginning of the month, 2 x PSTN lines each with a Biz Essentials 100 TBB.

2. Using the supplied black Telstra Gateway (Technicolor 797 something or other)

3. Lines are being used as though isolated, ie, there are no phones, the routers are plugged into the wall and wired to our PC's

4. On the first call to Tech Support I was basically fobbed off and told there were no issues.

5. Several days later and quite upset when I called again I spoke with a helpful girl who very specifically told me there was an error at the exchange affecting all new connections, she explained that Telstra referred to this as a "New connection, no sync error" and that the error would be making it appear that we had a full sync, but we would drop in and out, she explained the error had been happening at the exchange for 9 days, with no fix date. She made notes on the account, and put me through to billing who gave us a month of credits, and $300 to purchase 4G Dongles to get by.

6. Two weeks later (today) we are stil having issues. I call tech support in the morning, they test both lines and tell me there is a line fault on one line, but the other line would be fine if they put a "stability profile" on it which they did. I asked this gentleman what was going on with the "New conenction, no sync error" and he said he had no idea what that was, he had never heard of it before, and that his systems that show him advice on exchange errors showed no such error on my local exchange, or no such error existing there. He said he had absolutely no idea where the last tech girl got her information as they all use the same systems and tests. He assured me the issue on one line would be fixed.

7. Several hours later, the line that was supposedly fixed started losing sync again (when our applications stopped responding I would run 50 ping packet tests and I could see 70% loss, literally 15 packets would send, the next 10 would not etc). So I call tech support again, I go around in circles while they perform the same tests, the guy advises me he is going to "reset the stability profile" and all will be fine. I asked him about the "New connection, no sync error"and again, no idea what I am talking about. This time after he assured me the line was fixed, I demanded a tech visit on that line. So now I have 1 x tech tomorrow, and 1 x tech the day after.

Hopefully the techs can fix the issues, but it begs the questions;

1. Is there such an error as new connection no sync? Did the girl make up a story? Was she correct and the subsequent 3 people were idiots?

2. These lines were just provisioned and have been broken since day 1, why did the first tech not have the line working properly?

3. Does Telstra not voice record conversations? How can I be getting totally different answers from the same department who apparently all "use the same systems"?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New connection, no sync

Hi starkuless,

I'm sorry to see that you haven't had a response from the community yet! I'll make sure a member of our tech team takes a look for you tomorrow.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New connection, no sync

Hi starkuless,

To answer your questions:

1. From your explanation above the 'helpful girl' may have been talking about an outage at the exchange which was causing loss of sync or drop outs, and because you where a new connection she was using the error code of 'New Service No Sync'.  We are asked explain things simply so she may have been trying to explain what was happening without being confusing and using technical jargon.

2. Sometimes issues causing no sync or drop outs, like you mentioned above, are not always located at the exchange.  The problem can be anywhere within the infrastructure between the exchange and the premises.  So it is possible that after you where provisioned there was a) and exchange outage and b) a fault in between the exchange and the premises.

3. Telstra does record calls. Calls are recorded in order to improve the quality of our service and for coaching purposes.  These calls are listened too and consultants are given feedback on how they conducted themselves.

Hopefully this was helpful.
- BenD

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more