CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

No Nbn yet

Here is my problem,
We are the owners of a Motel and Restaurant located900kms due west of Brisbane in a town called Charleville.

18 months leading up to the new NBN rollout we were inundated with people calling us claiming to be Telstra and saying our phones are about to be cut off. It got to the point we would just say no thanks and hang up. We did however contact Telstra to ask when will the NbNwould be ready for us in Charleville BUT they said “yourproperty doesn’t exist “.  I questioned this with another call and the response was “the NBN team missed your property on the map” so the operator said she would rectify this. Which she did. Despite our best intentions, and by misunderstanding that Telstra did actually call one day to explain we needed to connect to NBN, our business Phones and Internet was cut off.
Naturally we rely on these services for the daily running of our business.

On the 4th Sept, I rang Telstra and organised the new NBN service, to which they replied that they couldn’t reconnect the existing service as the copper was pulled out.

She said they could divert our pjone lines to a businessmobile, which they did. She explained that the NBN would be up and running within 2 weeks.

After about 2 weeks, I rang to find out how it was goingas we still didn’t have any service and we were relying aour private Optus dongle. Only to find out that our application had been cancelled due an sales error. So here I am end of the month, still no internet and still using a mobile phone.

When I enquired TODAY (end of September) as to how much longer we are going to have to wait until our service is reinstated…. We are now being told that it’s still being built. SERIOUSLY?????

Our order no is:

2-2555 7491499 

Your immediate response to this problem is most gratefully welcomed.
Someone please ring <removed for your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: No Nbn yet

@Ringmeplease This is a public forum, posting personal private numbers isn't recommended, and also cannot be responded to.

I also believe order numbers for ADSL/NBN start with a "1" https://ordertracker.telstra.com.au 

Have you put your address in the NBN tracker to see if and when the NBN is available in your area? https://www.nbnco.com.au/ 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more