msdconsult
Level 2: Rookie

Ongoing extreme broadband speed fluctuations & drop-outs 2028 after outage "fixed"

There was an outage in Double Bay that started on Friday afternoon and when we looked up the outage yesterday the cause was identified as NBN issues (NBN just became "ready for service" ha ha ha).  In the early hours of this morning Telstra claimed to have resolved the outage but we still cannot receive or send emails through our Outlook client and the Speedtest process this afternoon indicated violent fluctuations in ADSL speed.  Our IT guys investigated and the only issue is the ADSL. I wish Telstra would just be honest and admit that the outage is continuing! So frustrating...Telstra Outage update 3 Dec 18.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: Ongoing extreme broadband speed fluctuations & drop-outs 2028 after outage "fixed"

I apologise that you haven't received a response as yet. Hopefully you have contacted Tech Support so that this can be investigated and addressed for you.

While it is likely that there is an issue within the network, it is not necessarily going to be linked to the outage that you showed in your post, as they are for Cable and NBN service, not ADSL.  If you are continuing to experience the wildly fluctuating speeds, please advise what Tech Support have advised so far regarding their investigation into this issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more