CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jharrop
Level 1: Cadet

Outdoor gateway: sporadic internet access

Internet access using our NTC-30WT is intermittent/sporadic.

The signal strength is consistently shown as -90dBm, and yet sometimes the internet is accessible, and other times it isn't.

Not sure whether the problem is with the device, or with the Telstra tower (Darlington Point, NSW), but I suspect the tower may be congested.

What are the best channels for getting support for this - Telstra or Netcomm?  Is Netcomm able to liaise with Tesltra to investigate issues relating to a specific tower?

thanks .. Jason

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor gateway: sporadic internet access

Hi Jason,

I assume that you have a business service as this device is not typically advertised to or supplied to consumer customers.

That being the case I would suggest contacting Telstra Business Technical Support on 132999 for assistance. If there is a problem with the nearby tower then can provide this info, otherwise, they will look at options we have to improve the signal to your location.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

vanxman
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Outdoor gateway: sporadic internet access

Hi Jason,

Did you ever get this resolved. I've just purchased these for remote depots and noticed the sporadic connections as well.

Thanks

Van

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now