and6988
Level 1: Cadet

Outgoing server limits on Bulk Emails

I need help with an email issue.

We have a Telstra NBN broadband service and our emails that are hosted with Westnet (pop email)

We can send and receive emails ok but when we try to send a bulk marketing email to 400+ customers, it does not go.

Although our email is hosted by another provider, is there a limit set by the outgoing Telstra server? 

Any idea on the settings we need to check out?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Re: Outgoing server limits on Bulk Emails

So that we can assist you further, can you please assist us is the outgoing email settings that you've got currently setup?

There is a limit of around 20 to 25 per day (roughly) through the Bigpond Email server due to potential spam being sent via our email servers.

If you're wanting to send more than that for business purposes, it would be best to have a chat to our Telstra Business team on 132 000.

Jordan

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone and live chat support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

https://www.telstra.com.au/platinum-technical-support

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now