RIcHI3
Level 2: Rookie

Ping issues Richmond HCF cable Adelaide SA

I am having hell. Ever since the NBN Co have started playing with the HCF cable in my area I have not had a reliable internet service. My ping (ms) spikes every 5-10 minutes to 2000ms. I have been on the phone to Telstra platinum support for hours, and each time they say it should be fixed. They then arranged for a tech to come out, then cancelled the tech with no explanation. I can’t run my business or household like this. I can barely load my uni lectures or visit a webpage.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Ping issues Richmond HCF cable Adelaide SA

Hi RIcHI3

If an escalation was sent to NBN with a technician request but NBN are not able to see a network fault remotely then they will usually cancel the appointment. If the faults team have already changed things like the modem and NTD if installed then there may be some alternate tests or extra data needed before NBN will followup.

As the appointment was cancelled already the faults team should be able to find out why in the notes so that further troubleshooting can be done.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more