Highlighted
Barry_C
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Reverse DNS on our static IP address

Please put me in touch with somebody that can answer the following questions. There seems to be no easy way to contact you for technical assistance any more.

1. We need to ensure that the IP address assigned to our Telstra Business Broadband is a static IP address

2. Once the above is confirmed we need to have a reverse DNS set up on our static IP address pointing to our company domain name.

If the address is not static we need to have a static IP assigned and then the reverse DNS set up.

Any help is much appreciated, ie an email contact would be great so we can discuss the specifics.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Reverse DNS on our static IP address

The contact number for Service Enquiries for Business cutomers is on the website.

It is 13 2253

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Barry_C

Can I please get an email contact so that I don't have to try to navigate phone queues and then try to explain this issue to to someone verbally? I would rather put this issue in writing and allow them time to look into it before they get back to me so I am not wasting my time or theirs.

There is an email address in our online portal (see below) but it doesn't work.

There aren't any email addresses published unfortunately.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Barry_C

So then how can I get this issue to the right person without having to navigate through a call centre? I don't feel like getting angry today and unfortunately that happens whenever I have to try to get something resolved with Telstra.

The only other way is to speak to your account representative.

Barry_C

How do I find out who our account representative is, and why is Telstra making it so difficult for people to get support? Things like this should be a simple case of "hey customer, we appreciate your business, we will put you in touch with the correct person to fix this problem so we don't need to go needlessly back and forth for days before it gets sorted out." Why can't someone at Telstra just make things happen?

You should have that in the documentation that you have received in the past when the contract for service was signed.

Otherwise, you will have to ring the number I gave you previously to enquire as to who your account representative is.

Barry_C

We have found someone to look after it. Thank you.

Chamaelion
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Barry_C - I found this thread after facing an identical problem.

I have a Static IP address and my own domain with forward DNS working no problem, but trying to find someone in Telstra Support who understands Reverse DNS / PTR Records is impossible.  I've raised a complaint which has been ongoing for 3 weeks, waiting for it to get escalated to a department that has the technical understanding to grasp what it is I need, and they're about to send someone out to inspect my equipment to "resolve my issue" (a waste of time and totally unnecessary).

Could you PLEASE let me know who in Telstra you managed to find that resolved this issue for you?  I can then direct my complaint manager to that person / business unit in order to get my situation resolved.

Thanks in advance.

mvk
Level 1: Cadet

Please let us know if you have made any progress.

Isn't it just insane that this topic goes nowhere , no matter where we call in Telstra !!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now