Highlighted
1AdrianS
Level 1: Cadet

Static IP with Netgear NIGHTHAWK M1 Router

Hello,

I am a business customer and have the Nighthawk M1 wireless Broadband, It works fantastic. Very quick 40 - 55mpbs... Connected to 4 devices with no issues...

However, I need a static IP for our security system.

I have tried on 3 occasions to get help on the phone but mostly have been bounced around, or they do not understand what a static IP is and simply ask me to turn the device off then on again. Very Very annoying.

I am not good with computers however I am not stupid!

The last lady I spoke with really was good and trying what seemed to be the right things until it felt like she was late for her dinner brake and wanted to get off the phone!

I need to know how or who to speak to, to set the Static IP.

They have added the code to my account ( supposidly!)

Help needed Adrian

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Static IP with Netgear NIGHTHAWK M1 Router

If they have added the code correctly, then restart the nighthawk, and the external IP address that it gets assigned by the network is the one it should use permanently.

The other option is to check to see if your security system can utilise a DDNS. That way, it doesn't matter if the IP address changes.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SimomChook
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,

I too have been bounced around for days within the Telstra "support" services on this.

I have the telstra.extranet APN setup and the code on the connection.

Telstra end up saying they will call Netgear and call me back but never do.

The NightHawk doesn't have a DDNS service built in so that is not an option.

I have called Netgear myself to no avail.

I keep getting told it should be static but it isn't.

I am an IT person but without support this problem can't be solved.

Can someone at Telstra please sort this out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

"Static IP Addresses" are not able to be provided on the Mobile Network.

The Extranet product will provide you with a Publicly assigned IP, though this remains dynamic and can change.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SimomChook

Hi,

Well if that's the case I want a refund.

I was assured that I could have a static IP.

If I use telstra.internet APN and have the code on the service I get a static address but it's not accessible from outside the Telstra mobile network.

So I am told that I have to use telstra.extranet with a code on the service.

Which didn't give me a static ip address.

So now Telstra Support tell me that I can't have a static IP via this crowd support.

So I am going to ask for a refund.

Can anyone here assist me with this process.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@SimomChook

You're certainly welcome to discuss the removal and refund of the product with the Accounts and Billing Team on 132000 if having a Public IP is not suitable to your needs.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SimomChook

Hi,

I called the number 132000 suggested and was eventually told that as it was purchased from the Telstra Business Centre that I would have to deal with them.

I have emailed the TBC and got the following response which is totally unacceptable.

Please let me know what I can do to get a refund for this Nighthawk M1.

Or alternatively can you contact this person to arrange the refund on our behalf. 

As the device is now out of the box and used we cannot refund the device.

The SIM Plan which the device has activated, can be cancelled with no early termination charge as it is a casual plan.

Telstra wants to hear about your recent experience with ME. You will be sent a short customer ­SURVEY about the quality of customer service at the TBC BELMONT. So we want to hear from you, our valuable customers, about your most recent sale and/or service experience with ME. We value your business and support and would appreciate your feedback to better our service to you in the future. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Arif Bredesen   | NPS Service Call Lead                                               

Telstra Business Centre Belmont  | Suite 2, 138 Abernethy Rd, Belmont, WA 6104

P 08 9373 1600  | W  www.telstra.com/business

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us SimomChook, I can appreciate you're not happy with the response you have received in regard to a refund for the device.

If you would like to request a refund for the device, you can do so by escalating your concerns further and lodging a complaint. 

Once escalated, you will be provided with a case manager who will work with you to provide a resolution that is mutually satisfactory.

You can lodge a complaint via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint or for Business Complaints, call 132000, quote 'complaints'.

Let us know how you go.

SimomChook

Hi,

Thanks for that.

I have logged a complaint.

Can't believe any company in 2017 will refuse a refund based on the item being unboxed.  Ridiculous. 

BillyBoy2006

Just to let you know I got a refund of the Modem via the Complaints process.

Thanks for you advise. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more