CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
TeliTubby
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Business Cable connection process

I ordered a Telstra Business Cable Broadband connection for my home premises on 03/08/2017.

I had previously checked with Telstra that the overhead cable in my street was available to connect to and this was confirmed.

I was duly contacted by a Business Cable Team 'case manager' the very next day (04/08/2017).

The email from my case manager included the following information:

Billing items:

Item

Quantity

Once Off  Fee

Recurring Fee

Bigpond Cable 3.0 -  500GB

$0

$99.95 ($30cr)

Bigpond Cable - Activation Fee

$59

$0

Professional Installation Kit

$240

$0

Modem Fee

$264

$0

I was also told that because my premises did not have cable installed I would require a 'professional installation'.

Note: Professional Instillation is required for $240 where the Telstra Technician will be coming on 7th of August

from 8am to 12pm. Telstra Technician will also be setting-up the modem and activate the Cable Internet for you.

He will be calling you on the mobile number. (sic)

As stated above I expected a technician on the 7th of August to complete the installation.

Unfortunately, no tech showed up or called me with a reason why, very professional!

After some phone calls to my case manager, another appointment was made for the next day, another wasted day for me!

The tech arrived and ran the overhead cable to the nearby power pole and set up the cable modem.

The rest of the 'consumer side' cabling work I had arranged to be completed by a private contractor as the roof access was tricky.  So the install for the Telstra tech was around 30 minutes work.

So now comes the problem, "I can't connect the cable in the street" he says.  "I can't reach it, you will need a bucket truck to come and complete the connection, it should only take them about five minutes".  "I will report the situation to Telstra and they will contact you about when this will occur, it usually only takes a day or two".

After the second day had passed, I contacted my case manager again and he had no idea when someone may contact me.

When the third day rolled passed I contacted my case manager again to ask the status, but this time he wouldn't talk to me or reply to my enquiries, very professional.

So far my observations of this process is that Telstra's organisational skills are quite poor and their communication with their customer (me) is even poorer.

I have no idea when this cable may be plugged in out in the street and no one at Tesltra will speak to me about it.

Maybe a name change for the install process is in order the 'Telstra disorganised, unprofessional, uncommuncative install'

Let's hope the price doesn't increase with the name change! 

How long does it take to arrange and overhead crew to complete the job?

Would it be easier to forget the whole arrangement and keep my old ADSL2+ until the NBN arrives.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Business Cable connection process

Hey TeliTubby,

Not the experience that we like to hear of and I d sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad I would be able to request further followup on this with your case manager if you would confirm the SR reference number that has been assigned to this order / escalation? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TeliTubby

Hi Dingo Dan,

Thank you for your response.

It is now Thurday 17/08/2017 PM and still no sign or contact regarding getting my so called 'Business' connection completed.

Just as well I still have my iiNet ADSL2+ working!  

I wouldn't like to have to rely on Telstra for any sort of support.

I don't have the SR number that you mention, who would have given me that number?

In any event, I have decided to give up on the idea of ever getting this service from Telstra, really I should have known better, shouldn't I?

I will just make do with my current iiNet service, it does work, just a bit slow.

I just hope that the NBN install will be slightly better, if THAT ever happens.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @TeliTubby

Regrettably our powers to resolve issues such as yours are quite limited. If you do not have an SR complaints reference number please raise a complaint via the following link to have a case manager assigned.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint 

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

TeliTubby

Hi Jimmy,

I don't want to waste any more time with Telstra.

I already have one case manager who doesn't reply to my e-mails or phone calls.

So, your suggestion that I get another one seems somehow pointless.

This will be my last interaction with Telstra.

Not surprising that the share price crashed today is it?

Goodbye Telstra!

Support Team
Support Team

@TeliTubby If you could please provide your complaints reference number starting with SR I will get in touch with your case manager to ask them to get in touch with you ASAP.

Thanks.

TeliTubby

@Jimmy-Lo wrote:

@TeliTubby If you could please provide your complaints reference number starting with SR I will get in touch with your case manager to ask them to get in touch with you ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi Jimmy-Lo

You Telstra people are hilarious, even the link you posted for the complaint form doesn't work!

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint 

I am certainly glad that I AM NOT becoming a Telstra customer, you all seem totally incompetent.

I did have some good news today though, my case manager finally responded to an email, yay!

He confirmed that my order has been cancelledSmiley Happy

I have asked the install tech to come and collect the modem and router that he installed.

He said he would call by to collect it, but like all good Telstra folk, he didn't keep his word.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now