mikey351
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III Pooled Data

Hi. I have a Telstra WI-FI 4GX Advanced III, with a data sim that is linked to an account that has pooled data. Each SIM has been allocated 2gb. I'm noticing that as I get near the 2G theoretical limit the 4GX is showing an alert. When I reach the 2gb point, will the 4GX disconnect me, or just display a message that I have hit my 2gb allocation and let me continue using it (its pooled data with many GBs in total).

Mike

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III Pooled Data

Hi mikey351,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have shared data you should be able to continue using this until all of the shared data is used.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mikey351
Level 2: Rookie

Hi DavoCB,

Thanks for the reply. It appears that when you go over the allocated data it disconnects that session, but you can reconnect. The only problem is you get this big, red warning on the device's LCD warning that 100% of the data has been used.

Is there a way to get rid of this warning?

Mike

Support Team
Support Team

Hey mikey351,

I'm honestly not sure if it's meant to behave that way. I would check with the tech team to see what they say, chat on the following secure chat link  https://tel.st/4kf98

Get back to me if I can offer further direction.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello
I have 2 of the identical devices with the cradles.
The warning in red is part of the design and is not optional.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now