Ausconnect
Level 1: Cadet

The following organization rejected your message: extmail.bigpond.com

Can someone help me please. we are hosting a web server and when we try to send emails to any @bigpond.com domains, we are getting the bounce email below. I have checked RBL and IP address is not listed. I have called telstra and I was told they cannot help me and they don't know where to direct me. Sending to other domains are fine though.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

XXXXXXXX@bigpond.com 
A problem occurred while delivering this message to this email address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: extmail.bigpond.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: cpanel.sojourn.focusshopfit.com.au

XXXXXXXX@bigpond.com 
extmail.bigpond.com 
Remote Server returned '<extmail.bigpond.com #5.0.0 smtp; 554 Connection refused. 202.XXX.XX.94 is blacklisted in ReturnPath RBL List. See https://senderscore.org/blacklistlookup/>'

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: The following organization rejected your message: extmail.bigpond.com

It could be due to the reverse lookup failing. The PTR record needs to be setup by your provider so that when the Spam checker looks to see where the message is coming from matches the domain.

Your message is coming from 202.191.63.94, but when the system looks up your mail server, it is showing unregistered.netregistry.net as the domain associated with the address. You need to get netregistry to add a PTR record that associates the IP address with your domain

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now