FrustratedNick
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity Connection

Hi, anyone else out there getting fobbed of by Telstra about getting a Velocity connection turned on?

placed order 09 July - told there was a "systems error" and order would not process.
07 Aug - was sent my "smart" modem - i thought my problems would be over...

But alas, NO. Now being told there is a "systems error" with progressing my order (sounds kind of familiar) - all they need to do is switch on the service. 

I know the modem configuration etc is correct (even got my tech support guy to go through it with Platinum Telstra support) - it is just not being switched on - as far as i know previous house owner had internet and the NTD box is all okay etc.

I have no idea if this is a one off problem or an area problem or if it stretches over all so called "Telstra Smart Communities". No one at Telstra will answer any of my questions - just told "we're working on it" - but, by the total lack of any answers, it seems to be stuck in the "too hard pile" 

I need the net for my home run my small business - Ombudsman has been contacted and they are so busy sorting other Telstra messes (7 weeks they said!) - working off the SIM card in the smart modem just does not allow me to effectively run my business and stopping me being able to employ a much needed new staff member - the net is creaking with just 2 of us on it. (I also have remote people who need to dial in and upload cloud docs etc).

I am at my wits end just trying to get some answers so I can forward plan for my business! MP, press and TV the next regrettable solutions i suppose...

anyone else out there in same boat please do let me know - many voices together are better than a few lone screamers.....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Velocity Connection

Hi @FrustratedNick

I am sorry that you've had some trouble with the activation of your service. I am confident that we are doing everything we can to get you connected but I am happy to follow up with our team that is managing this for you.

Do you have the complaint reference number?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now