Highlighted
DrPeteBNE
Level 1: Cadet

Wanted: usage notification on devices to read the "pool" on shared data bundles

Answered

I have a Telstra Business Premium Mobile ($195) plan .. has 16GB data/mo... and a Telstra 4GX III dongle. The data sim in the dongle is a bundled device with the iPhone 6 sim.... The dongle sim has only 100mb quota, while the phone sim has 16GB. Each sim is a 'device' and the Usage meter on MyAccount registers them separately, but allows one to see the group usage (and therefore stay below the 16GB limit). The Usage system, however, goes into hyper alerting as soon as the dongle uses the first 100mb, and so do the dongle warning screens. This keeps happening for the month.. so for about 28 days, the dongle has big red flash data usage warning screens!! How do we ask Telstra to invent a data usage notification system that acknowledges device which are bundled in a group, and can read the 'pool' before going red-screen on a single device, and allow us and our devices some peace whilever we are within the pooled group usage limits?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Wanted: usage notification on devices to read the "pool" on shared data bundles

Hello Pete

You can approach this two ways.

1. Ring 1800 266 000 which is the support desk for online systems.  Possibly, this may come within their purdue.

2. Contact the Business Centre who sold you the package and because they "own" your business, tell them of your issue and have them take responsibility for getting it "fixed"  The Business Centre is/was paid to look after you as a client.

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Wanted: usage notification on devices to read the "pool" on shared data bundles

Hello Pete

You can approach this two ways.

1. Ring 1800 266 000 which is the support desk for online systems.  Possibly, this may come within their purdue.

2. Contact the Business Centre who sold you the package and because they "own" your business, tell them of your issue and have them take responsibility for getting it "fixed"  The Business Centre is/was paid to look after you as a client.

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now