lironl2
Level 4: Private Eye

Why aren't there Telstra business broadband plans on NBN over HFC?

Why are there small business plans for NBN over every fixed wire technology except for HFC?  The customer terms for DOT list them all except for HFC.

If I check an address which is in an NBN over HFC area, I get a response back saying that I can get connected via ADSL.  This includes addresses where the disconnection date has long passed.

I do not need a small business broadband service myself, but I have a relative who might get one within the next year.  They will be asking me for advice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Why aren't there Telstra business broadband plans on NBN over HFC?

Google it and you will find that there is some sort of "stop/hold" on all new HFC connections... Since it is not available in my area, I don't know much about it, but I am sure there are heaps of posts here discussing it...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
lironl2
Level 4: Private Eye

If you are talking about the HFC freeze, this is a separate issue.  My query was in relation to places where the NBN via HFC was available and the address in question was either marked as ready for service or already connected to the NBN, according to the NBN availability map.

The freeze has ended in many areas, so most places in those areas are now marked as ready for service.  Some places are marked as More work required, but these are gradually having the work carried out and becoming ready for service.

Meanwhile, those addresses which were already connected to the NBN via HFC prior to the freeze continued to be marked as connected during the freeze.  The freeze didn't affect them.

In an NBN via HFC area, those addresses which were part of the freeze have a later disconnection date (e.g. 12 months after the freeze was ended), while those addresses which were connected to the NBN prior to the freeze have the original disconnection date.  Hence there are some addresses in some HFC areas that were early adopters and so the disconnection date has long passed.

Thanks for the explanation... Appreciated...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more