CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JAMES007
Level 1: Cadet

Why can't Telstra connect a new service after 3 hours on the phone?

So ... I spent 2 hours and 6 call backs on the phone last week with Telstra and thought I'd be getting my internet connected today.  Didn't happen.

Rang personal.  No record of order.  Rang business no record of order.  Said lets start again.

Gets to the end of the order and it can't save.  Mulitple errors!!!  "Will call you back tomorrow".

My order is Bigpond Ultimate Cable 50GB to be connected to my home address but put on my company account (20+ services) billed to my office address OR put on a new account number with company office address.

Does anyone know if it's even possible to do what I'm asking?!?!!  My house is cable ready.  That's been confirmed.

Should it really be so hard to give a company $$$$$ ?!?!?!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
KarlF
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Why can't Telstra connect a new service after 3 hours on the phone?

Hi.

I'm a little baffled by the remark to you that they're unable to save. It sounds like an ordering system that Telstra Business is using isn't functioning correclty by what you're saying.

If it's a BigPond service (not Telstra Business Broadband) then we may be in luck. Call BigPond directly on 13POND (137663) and organise a connection directly with them single billed to your Business account.

You may need to be transferred to a differnet BigPond agent who has access to older legacy systems to do the order; but they shouldn't need to transfer you to Telstra Business at all.

I hope that helps!

--
I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity and the views expressed here are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Telstra.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now