CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PierreNoir
Level 1: Cadet

how do I update the software in my telstra 4g mobile broadband ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen999999
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: how do I update the software in my telstra 4g mobile broadband ?

Is the phone actually branded Telstra or is it a Samsung or iPhone that runs on Telstra 4G?  That's not obvious from your question.

I bought a Samsung 4g Galaxy Core about 2 years ago. About 2 months ago it told me that I could upgrade from Android 4.4 to Android 5.  All I had to do was make sure I was connected to my wireless modem (to save 4G data gigabytes) and then click OK.  So it might depend on the brand or model.

More information please.

PierreNoir
Level 1: Cadet

Model MF910 made by ZTE

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello PierreNoir, 

Software updates should appear on your connection manager, most of the time on the right hand top corner. 

When the software notification appears, you can select to upgrade the device.

If you're not receiving the notifications on your connection manager, you might to need to turn on the notifications. 

For instructions on activating software notifications, please click here, download the 'User Manual.pdf ' file, and go to page page 23. 

Please let me know how you go.

- Ash P 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now