JustJess
Level 1: Cadet

sierra wireless 4g not compatible with windows 10

HI

I HAVE SIERRA WIRELESS 4G AND UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. AS THEY AREN'T COMPATIABLE I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM CROWD SUPPORT  (https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-KB/Telstra-USB-and-Windows-10-Incompatibilit...) ON HOW TO GET THE LASTEST VERSION 3.17 THEN ENABLE NDIS 6.2 AND CREATE NEW APN ETC. EXCEPT THERE IS NO AIRPLANE MODE OR CELLUAR CONNECT BUTTON UNDER MY SETTINGS! SO I STILL HAVE NO INTERNET ACCESS Smiley Sad CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Re: sierra wireless 4g not compatible with windows 10

Wth the device unplugged If you was to uninstall the Telstra watcher and install the Netgear generic watcher hopefully it'll yield a preferred result.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/Watcher_Generic_UM.msi

Cheers,
Dave

JustJess

Thank you Dave but I have now come across another problem. When clicking connect on the main netgear aircard screen it says 'disconnected from telstra' and I can't connect. I looked it up at -http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22844/~/why-does-watcher-display-disconnected-from...-...
And it suggests adding a new profile but when I go into the connections menu there is no add new button... Any suggestions?

Certainly an odd one and no I don't I don't have any suggestions. Is that after installing the generic watcher?

Cheers,
Dave

JustJess

I have tried everything and have now reverted back to windows 7. But now i need to reinstall bigpond connection manager. Since i deleted the old telstra file when i installed the netgear. When i try install though it comes up with this error... the feature you are trying to use is on a network that is unavailable..enter alternative path to...installation package 'tvcmv32.msi'. So i click cancel and another error comes up.. the older version of mobile broadband manager can't be removed..contact technical support. Any suggestions? ? I'm very close to giving up after hours on the phone to telstra and days to trying different things and getting no where. Last thing would be to buy another device and start again with that. 😦

It's starting to sound very messy indeed. I would've persisted with Win10 as reverting is never good, I've known a few folks have ended up doing a clean install as the trail of destruction left behind after win10 has been removed is nasty.

Not having either operating systems and doing your own thing behind the scenes (and it seems creating further problems) sadly there's not much more I can offer,

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now