das5
Level 1: Cadet

telstra.extranet

Hi, so the adsl line in my area (remote nsw) has over the last 8 years been getting worse and worse with daily dropouts and unusable speeds at times but about 6 months ago telstra installed a 4g repeater in out town and the connection is now somewhat usable as the 4g fail over now kicks in on the V7610 when the adsl dies.

But the issue now is some of the services i run in my business require port forwarding and as the 4g network gives a private ip of 10.*.*.* i cannot do this.

I have made 2 calls to business support to try and get my 4g device switched to the  telstra.extranet and the profile GPTEXB3 to be applide but no one there seems to know what i am talking about. so could anyone here recommend how to get this done?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: telstra.extranet

From my understanding the 4G backup will already be on Telstra.extranet, I personally have never heard of that profile code. To my knowledge port forwarding isn't going to work on a mobile service as static IPs arent available on mobile.
I personally use NBN FTTP 100/40 on the Smart Modem Gen 2 with Smart Home and the Telstra TV 2
On the go and at home my Mobile connects to Telstras 4G network.

I am a Telstra Employee working for Telstra Platinum in Consumer, Small Business & Smart Home

I'm not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

For official support, start a secure chat here or you can raise a complaint here.
das5

thanks for the reply, as you can see from the screenshot it is currently using telstra.internet and i dont actualy need a statip IP i just need a public ip it can be dynamic that does not bother me as i can use something like no-ip to solve that.                                                                       

Edit: maybe this guy explains what i need a little better then i can..

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Public-IP-address-for-Mobile-4G-option-GPTEX...

screen.png

The mobile network has double Network Address Translation (NAT), looking at that post I'm not sure if its possible. The 4g backup is mainly intended as an interim service and does have limitations.
I personally use NBN FTTP 100/40 on the Smart Modem Gen 2 with Smart Home and the Telstra TV 2

I am a Telstra Employee working for Telstra Platinum in Consumer, Small Business & Smart Home

I'm not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

For official support, start a secure chat here or you can raise a complaint here.
das5

Yah from what i understand its only telstra.internet that uses double NAT so if i where to use extranet i would not have the issue, any idea of what the actual limitation is? because you made the assumption it was already using extranet i assume it it possible.

From my understanding that are both covered by double NAT. Mobile connections are limited in your case as a backup for data only when the fixed line connection is down without all of the extra features available on a fixed line service.

To be honest I dont see what you would like working without your adsl service working.

das5

@DeltaSquad has said a few times in posts that this can be done for business customers but not basic. so here's hoping he find this post.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more