Highlighted
grubber
Level 1: Cadet

Business partenership not accepted

Answered

Hi

Has anyone else had this problem . . . .

We have had a busines account with Telstra for over five years now in our joint partnership names.  

A few months ago we approached our local Telstra Business Centre and requested to transfer our business internet (which was with another provider)  to Telstra.  I was informed that I couldn't have a partnership but I had to be a sole trader and had to transfer the account to my name only. This is totally out of order, especially as I am signed up to Telstra now under false pretences as I am not a sole trader but a partnership. However I went with it because I thought there was no other option.

A couple of weeks ago the business centre approached me as our phones are now out of contract. Over the past four years, we have upgraded 5 phones every two years when the contracts ended, with no problems whatsoever. 

Now I am being told that I could only take one phone and that another phone would require extreme credit checks as I am a sole trader. I have nothing to hide but the invconvenience and inconsistency with this nonsense is now out of hand.

I am at the stage of wanting to go to the ombudsman and cancel every mobile phone and internet contract with Telstra,

Help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Business partenership not accepted

Hi grubber, 

From what you have described I am not too sure why it was not possible sorry. 

Would be best to get through to our business team (open 24/7) on 132000 (say Accounts and Payments) or via live chat here: http://tel.st/e3xp and we can access the accounts to run through the details with you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi grubber

Thanks for the feedback. 

Im glad you were able to get this resolved. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi grubber, 

From what you have described I am not too sure why it was not possible sorry. 

Would be best to get through to our business team (open 24/7) on 132000 (say Accounts and Payments) or via live chat here: http://tel.st/e3xp and we can access the accounts to run through the details with you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

grubber
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Ivan

Thanks for getting back to me. I contacted live chat and everything is sorted, thanks so much.  

I'm just left wondering why there are business centres when they are so unhlepful and it's so much easier going online and getting an imemdiate answer.

Have a great weekend.

Michele

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi grubber

Thanks for the feedback. 

Im glad you were able to get this resolved. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more