abaaxtynt
Level 1: Cadet

Calls from 1800 816 025

Answered

I got  a voicemail from "Telstra Credit Management" asking me to call them on 1800 816 025. Normally when I miss a call from you guys, someone calls me by name but this wasn't the case... is this legit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from 1800 816 025

The number is definitely a legitimate credit management contact number - the call wasn't dodgy, the consultant may have simply forgotten to address you by name on this particular call.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

The number is definitely a legitimate credit management contact number - the call wasn't dodgy, the consultant may have simply forgotten to address you by name on this particular call.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shorewalker

I've had one of these calls too. I trust Telstra understands what terrible security practice this is, and that by using it you are opening both yourselves and your customers up to huge trouble down the track.

Here's the problem: if I ring Joe claiming to be from Telstra, and asking Joe for private information (such as date of birth) which would confirm his identity - and Joe responds - then I'm essentially able to do two things:

• Impersonate Joe in dealing with Telstra.
  • Use Joe's private information to identify myself to other service providers.

You can confirm that the 1800 816 025 number is genuine by looking it up on the web. But how many people will do that?

Please dump this system. It's eroding good security practices across your whole customer base.

And of course, if Telstra is using bad security practices in one area of its business, I have to conclude that it may also be using them elsewhere.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with this feedback Shorewalker. 
In this case the consultant should be geting you (or the person they are calling) to provide this information to us rather than saying: Is this John Citizen? and Is this your DOB 01/01/2014? 
In these instances it sounds like this did not happen and I do apologise. 
If you have these calls in future and you would like to advise us, please aske the consultant for their Employee number and we can then send this feedback to them and their manager directly.

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Davidzzz

Rubbish !!! - I continuously get phone calls from this number, by different people (foreign accent), I have supplied the number they are supposed to call and asked them to stop calling me. I am assured by my "Accounts Manager" that Telstra have his name and number. But still I get called twice a day.

When I ask why I am being called I am told that my number comes up randomly, if this is the case then Telstra is an absolute joke.

They do not know who I am and ask, but I am not supplying information to such ... either dodgy or incompetant people.

If this is a true number and service ... sort it out !!

TerryDown

Absolutely agree with all comments in this thread ... but why am I surprised, continued shoddy service and shoddy customer service from a shoddy provider.

Why does this women call from Asia at 7.15 at night???? I then have to listen to the message 12 times to try and understand the message (I still have the email and am happy to send to someone if required?).

But then again this is the company who don't believe my house or my office exists ...

Denny66

REPEATED UNCONSCIONABLE CONDUCT

I get called by the consumer department based in the Philippines merely as to harass me to pay for malicious accounts and or warn me of disconnection.

Although, due to my resistance they now merely have nothing to say while they simply call and hang up and in turn opt to deny me any applicable resolve, under the precise circumstances.

Yet, as I have written numerous letters of complaint's and requested that they advise the head department here in Melbourne as to include the applicable disclosure of all the recorded transcripts available, in their possession, but they also deny this particular process merely due to the fact that they are obviously to blame for the ongoing frustration caused.

Although, unjustifably they are quick to simply add further indiscriminate costs on account without any resolve as promised, and certainly with further threats of disconnection.

Nevertheless, this continued incompetent conduct will certainly be reported to the Telecommunication's Ombudsman, in due course, and thus am now gathering all the necessary evidence I have in my own possession as to account for their misleading demeanor, as I intend to hold them to proper account, once and for all.

Additionally, they have now even gone as low as to employ 'Dun & Bradstreet Australia Ltd' as to recover close to $720 for what ought to be a $99.00 fee that remains outstanding only due to their unwillingness to disclose the relevant transcripts to indicate their precise indiscriminate illegal conduct.

And, now I am certainly aware that this unconscionable conduct is a method they use as to extract money from people who are awaiting resolve of legitimate complaints, and yet are simply deterred from exercising their legal rights thus also indicating they have no respect for our common consumer laws which have been established to protect us from such illegal conduct, in the first place.

Further, I am contemplating contacting the 'current affair program' as to expose this fraudulent behaviour which I presume many persons alike myself who are exposed to this incompetence on a daily basis, and hope that others will be encouraged to do the same.

Furthermore, I have chosen to attain other known providers but these so called administrator's also interfere in this process and do not provide the port services required thus are in effect hold us for ransom which is totally disgusting, to say the least.

Certainly "a shoddy service and shoddy customer service from a shoddy provider" -TELSTRA

Highlighted
Patskii

Just recieved a call telling me to urgently contact this number (1800 816 025) about my account usage, Apon calling it i recieved an automated message about account billing.

I then called Telstra directly and asked about it and she told me that the number was not affiliated with telstra and that they had not tried to contact me at all.

i recommend anyone else with dodgy calls from this number to contact telstra directly on 13 22 00

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Patskii,

Thank you very much for your contribution. We also recommend anyone with these types of calls to report them via Scamwatch.gov.au

-Georgie

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more