Highlighted
theozy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cant check call usage from your mobile

Im very annoyed as a business customer I cannot check my call usage from my mobile phone..
I know personal customers can check call and data usage from their mobiles.
When are business customers going to catch up and be able to use this service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
30 REPLIES 30
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Cant check call usage from your mobile

Business users can check data usage (I know as it's something I've used myself previously), can also check your bill and account balance but I don't use that so not sure how detailed the records are or how they compare to what a personal account can see, I don't have a personal account so not sure what that looks like

you do need to set your account up for online access first before you can access from your mobile, have you done that yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
theozy

Yes I have set up online billing and it's works from my computer. I can check data usage on my iPhone but not call usage. I have spoken to customer service and they have confirmed call usage is not available to business customers from a mobile phone.
JustinB
Level 11: Detective

Hi,

Though jokiin is right in saying that data usage can be checked via mobile (most easily by texting 'use' to 176), and that My Account on telstra.com can still be used to monitor mobile account spend (as long as you don't have any other products, such as landlines, on the account) and can be logged into via your mobile, though I agree that the formatting of this page, at present, isn't up to the same standard as the consumer page.

I have asked the question of when we're likely to see development of dedicated apps/mobile-formatted account pages for Telstra Business customers, and while at present I've been advised the focus is on consumer apps, business apps are being considered for future release.  We'll do our best to kee you posted here for any progress on this front.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
theozy

I brought an app from iTunes that cost $2.99 that tells me my data and call usage from a business account. This is a third party app. Why cant Telstra produce an app for business customers?
JustinB
Level 11: Detective

That's a valid point, and one I'll feed back to the business.  We certainly realise how important and numerous business customers are, and how important it is to be able to track both calls and data usage at a business level.  If I'm able to make any progress, I'll keep you apprised here.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

dms54
Level 1: Cadet

Call Usage

I have a Telstra Business mobile account.  How do I find out the remaining call credit available from my monthly allowance from the handset.  I have registered for online billing and can get this information from a normal computer, but not from my mobile.  If my mobile was in my personal name I could use #100#, but this service is not avilable as the phone is in a business name.

dms54

JustinB

Telstra.com does not work for business accounts.  We have to use Telstrabusiness.com and login this way.  When we do this from the iPhone is says the browser is not supported.

fullboost

I switched to Telstra last month and have all sorts of problems so until I read this I thought it was just me. I can't beleive I can't check my call usage on my phone on the business plan...it's something so simple...heck even Vodafone can get that one right!
css

I also agree.

I am a business owner and have just transferred our mobiles to Telstra.

As the administrator of the account, i can see each users usage, however i want them to be able to check for themselves, to ensure they do not go over their cap.

I am advised that this is not possible!!! So now i have to babysit my employees and regularly check the account to make sure they are not overspending.

Why if they can check their data usage, why not their call usage?

I would be interested to know if anyone has been able to find a workaround on this.

C'mon Telstra, lift the game

TBC_Champ
Level 4: Private Eye

Have you tried going to the m.bigpond.com from your phone? (using 3G not wifi)
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@TBC_Champ wrote:
Have you tried going to the m.bigpond.com from your phone? (using 3G not wifi)

Not sure if this works for Business accounts..... Seems to be a push from within Telstra to focus on the Strategic (AKA Siebel, "New Systems") over the old Legacy Systems that Business Accounts are running on.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

gbirdsall

can you let me know the name of this app please

floworks1

Hi Justin,

I see this post is from June 2011. After almost 2 years has Telstra had any success creating an app for their business customers so that they can monitor their business accounts call usage? PLEASE push for this it is so important for us small business people who need to keep track of what is happening with their account.

If anyone has found a third party app that displays call usege and data usage at least for one phone (if not all listed on an account) can you please let me know the name of it. 

Thanks

nikhilr51

I know the app called "consume" for iOS works for business accounts. 

On android there are many apps that work (just search for "telstra")

On windows phone (me) there are no apps that support telstra business accounts which sucks. 

Alex-g

Hi Flowors1,

I can confirm they have not done so yet. And, as a business customer you expect the same service if not better than on a standard consumer plan.

I would gladly add a paragraph of rage to this, receiving notification of excess charges two weeks after the fact (ie, your bill) is simply unacceptable.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Alex-g & Floworks1,

I can confirm that Telstra have a business App coming soon & you can register your interest here http://goo.gl/8Cz78Rt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Aarrgghhh

How can this post from 2011 be considered solved when it's now middle of 2014 and I can't find the answer here
again
Level 2: Rookie

This thread started in 2011 GUESS WHAT HELLSTRA!!!!! ITS NOW 2014 !!!!!

STILL NOTHING

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Again 

We have recently released a Telstra Business 24/7 app which displays the information you are requesting.

http://bit.ly/1w1VPCi

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

again

IT DOES NOT DISPLAY CALL USAGE FOR BIZ CUSTOMERS !!!

Support Team
Support Team

Hey again,

I have had this one escalated with the app designers and am awaiting an update with confirmation if this is to be available any time soon with the Business version of the 24/7 app. I will update as soon as they have replied to me. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

viberater

Yes, this is super annoying.  My Telstra mobile was in my personal name and the app worked perfectly.  I would keep track of my call usage (in plan $'s) and knowing the days to go could adjust my call pattern so as not to exceed the plan allowance.  Once you go over it really takes off.

Then I wanted to change to a business easy share plan to finally drop my separate 4G acocunt ($31.32 per month) and thus actually use the data included in my phone plan (with the extra SIM provided).  To do this I was advised I needed to change the acocunt into my company name. So 10 pages and a rectal examination later that was done.

I then noticed the app stopped working but didn't realise that had to do with name change.

Next bill was $620! (instead of normal $80) I nearly had a heart attack.  Straight on the phone and no one could explain why but to Telstra's credit they waived the excess call charges.  Phewww!

So Telstra, please get on with it. You can make it work for personal acocunts, surely for business it can't be too much different. Or is this a plot to lull business users into over usage?

They told me i could check on internet so I logged in, bill activity etc.  But that doesn't show $ amounts next to calls. Only 0.00 (zero) which means the calls are still falling witihn the plan.  You can't figure out the accumulated usage at all and therefore have no idea of whether you are close or not.  Get the app sorted!!!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi viberater,

If you're having difficulty using the 24x7 app or My Account,  I'd recommend force closing the app & reopening. 

If this doesn't help, please log out, delete the app, reinstall & log back in.

Additionally, you can check your usage via My Account http://tel.st/cpyn .

If you would like us to make sure everything is ok on our end, please contact us via http://tel.st/8qpr or by calling 1800266000.

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

viberater

Hi ShannonD,

I've tried all of that but also just realised the app now comes in a business version and can be purchased from app store for $2.49.  I've done that, entered settings and message can't find mobile number.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi viberater,

Have you got a link to app you purchased?

We definitely don't charge for ours as it's free

http://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/my-account/telstra-24x7-app/

viberater

I've just realised it is a 3rd party app  that has the words "Telstra data and calls business" in the name. That's why i thought it was Telstra. (and it didn't work for me, couldn't find mobile number in the settings

I've already deleted it. If you search app store for the words in between "   " above you'll find.

viberater

i've downloaded the app from link.

Problem is it does not show call usage.  Only data usage and days left in cycle.  What I want to see is the dollar total so I can see how close to my plan call allowance I am to avoid going over.  It just doesn't do it for business customers.  I used the same app when the mobile number in question was in my personal name and it worked perfectly. rgds

Support Team
Support Team

Hi viberater,

Thanks for the feedback & I can certainly pass this on

I'd recommend using My Account http://tel.st/cpyn in the meantime

If you need a hand with this, please chat to us via the link or number I recommended above

viberater

Hi ShannonD,

I've figured out what is going on. I was unaware that for the first 30 days on my new Business Easyshare plan Telstra offered free calling.  That's why in "My Account" all calls made showed $0.00 against each.  As a result I could not tell what the accumulated call usage was - in fact it was zero.

So next month real figures will start to show up and the total as well.  We'll see.

Still looking for the app working for business customers. Why is it taking so long? (thread goes back years) it is so easy to check usage and a big help in avoiding exceeding the monthly call allowance beyong which the charging really begins. rgds

scottmac999

I have a business mobile.  In desperation I just tried texting 'use' to 176, and it seems to have worked.  I got a text back pretty much immediately telling me how much data I have used.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more