NS1801
Level 2: Rookie

Connecting Apple Watch 3 with “Legacy” account

Hi Crowd support network,

I purchased an Apple Watch 3 four days ago and have not been able to connect it. In the watch app, the error message displays that my account is not able to connect to the watch, and to contact Telstra. When I contact Telstra, both by phone and by Live Chat, they tell me someone will call me back. They explain it’s because I have a Legacy Account, ie it is so old and I’ve been so loyal for so long, that Telstra One need to add new codes to my account to enable Apple Watch comparability. I have called repeatedly and they tell me not to visit a Telstra store, but that someone will call; no one has, nor email. Can anyone please help here?

Currently seems like my best option is to leave Telstra and just take my number elsewhere given I have purchased this new technology and can’t use it because I’ve been a Telstra customer for too long...

Many thanks in advance!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Connecting Apple Watch 3 with “Legacy” account

They would completed the expression of interest web form for you to check the compatibility of your legacy account. When did you make the initial call please? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NS1801
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Zoe, I made the initial calls (multiple) 3 months ago.

I received a message two weeks ago stating Telstra One had received my request and would call before 25 January. I have heard nothing.

My phone service has now been disconnected as a I have no paid my bill. I will not pay my outstanding bills until someone has rectified this wth me.

I expect a call today, or I will issue proceedings next week for my loss of phone usage and costs for the Apple Watch I cannot use.

Thanks,
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I recommend filling out the form here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p... and a case manager will be assigned to help you. -Zoe 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Yeowie
Level 1: Cadet

I had the exact Same message and didn’t get a call before Jan 25th, I was told today in live chat I could buy out my existing plan for $1678 and move to a personal plan to get one numberor wait until it’s availabke to business customers, god knows how long that is going to be since telstra can’t even give a date. Absolute joke... I Think I will be changing telecom companies pretty soon if this isn’t rectified.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now