CrowdSupport®
PaulyD134
Level 1: Cadet

Data sharing

Answered

Thank you Telstra for screwing my business, I have a 125gig plan that I pay heaps for and you casually cancelled my data sim that was running my database.

Telstra’s response was we don’t support that anymore but you can purchase another data sim on a new plan, considering I already pay $160 per month I feel like I have just been kicked in the arse yet again by a company that has lost touch with its customers. Not happy Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Data sharing

If you are on a business plan, then data sharing still exists. It was only removed for consumer plans. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you are on a business plan, then data sharing still exists. It was only removed for consumer plans. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jenimak
Level 1: Cadet

Hello PaulyD,

According the Telstra Chat guy, not only have they cancelled the data sharing sims, but THEY ARE CONTINUING TO CHARGE YOU FOR THEM. They will keep doing so until YOU have personally contacted them and told them to stop charging you, they are perfectly happy to keep billing you for a service they no longer provide. At least, that's what I was told (not in those words, exactly, but the sub-text was clear) when I queried the continuing charge on my bill this month.

Not happy, Jan

StrayaM8
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Any service still on an old, out of market "data sharing" plan, will still retain full data sharing capability, continuing to share data with each and every other service on the same account that also has data sharing capability. The existing out of market data share plans have not lost any functionality.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now