CrowdSupport®
LarrySix
Level 3: Gumshoe

How do I UN-PUK my phone?

Answered

These days we have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for many things, including your mobile phone. After we turn our mobile phones on more often than not you are required to enter you PIN. If you are like me I rarely turn off my mobile therefore I find it difficult to remember and have entered the incorrect PIN more that 3 times and the phone displays "ENTER PUK". This is a Personal Unlocking Key designed to protect un-warranted usage of your device. Once the phone displays enter PUK you will need to contact Telstra to retrieve this. There are 2 simple ways. They are as follows:

Personal customers: get your PUK code online

or you can call 125111. When asked for the reason for your call say: I WANT MY PUK CODE.

Business customers: please visit The Business Help Centre to find out how to obtain your PUK code.

Enterprise and Government customers:  please contact your Service Delivery team on 1800 730 053.

Please note as your PUK code is secure, identification is required.
Larry Sixsmith
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GerdSchenkel7
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I UN-PUK my phone?

Also, Business customers can request their PUK code online here: http://www.telstrabusiness.com/business/portal/online/site/formtwocol/pukcoderetrieval.320006

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
GerdSchenkel7
Accepted Solution

Also, Business customers can request their PUK code online here: http://www.telstrabusiness.com/business/portal/online/site/formtwocol/pukcoderetrieval.320006
dynamyt
Level 1: Cadet

You could just call up your nearest telstra shop and ask them. As long as you know your date of birth or account password, they would be happy to help. Also, on your copy of the contract, it should state the PUK code.

Seb91357

Thankyou for reading this,

I rang the customer service number and i was unable to put foward my service password because i have a company phone and i do not know that sort of information, i still have the card that came with my sim although it seems i cannot unlock my PUK, is there any possible way i could uncover my PUK without the service password?

I would be grateful for any response.

Level 17: Bureau Chief

@Seb91357 wrote:

Thankyou for reading this,

I rang the customer service number and i was unable to put foward my service password because i have a company phone and i do not know that sort of information, i still have the card that came with my sim although it seems i cannot unlock my PUK, is there any possible way i could uncover my PUK without the service password?

I would be grateful for any response.

You could have a little trouble then. You need to be able to identify yourself as the account holder or somebody who has been granted equivalent access.

The only other place you can find your PUK, other than the various Telstra ways which require ID is that it will br printed on the paperwork that came with your service (the contract, etc). But, there's a good chance you don't have that if it's a company phone.

You may need to contact the person at work who is responsible for the phones. Or be lucky and find an operator who you can persuade you are the service holder if your name is recorded against the phone as the official user. That's probably not the most politically correct advice in the world. Maybe if you go into a store and can provide sufficient ID that they know they can track you down if you're pulling a swifty, you might find a sympathetic ear face-to-face

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
ladydot31

i keep getting a error message that says the formet of my mobile number is incorrect. can you please issue me a PUK code to unlock my phone or dvise futher help options. thank you

ladydot31

I need a PUK code.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Ladydot31

I'm hoping that this helps 

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/pinpuk/

Regards Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jacob94

I know my PUK pin and how to enter it. But due to tampering with little fingers, have had the pin entered incorrectly to many times. Is it possible to still unlock the phone? or will I have to speak to someone at a telstra shop. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jacob94

If the PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times, then you'd just need to enter that PUK code that you've mentioned. 
That'll unlock it and it'll be good to go. 

Unless you mean the phone's security, rather than the SIM card security? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Teddobe

I have retrieved my 8 digit PUK code from Telstra  online but when I try and enter this I am told to enter a 16 digit number

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Teddobe

Are you trying to unlock your phone to use with a different SIM Card instead?

Spencer6

this sucks!
MickKenny

We are having the same problem phone wants 16 digit number. How do l find this number.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi MickKenny, 

You can find instructions here on How to Retrieve you PUK code and unlock your mobile

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Sashre1977

I want my puk
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sashre1977

I hope this helps:- PUK Codes

Kind regards

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now