Highlighted
Brad737
Level 1: Cadet

Messagebank 125102 doesn't work

I have a business landline and I use Messagebank 125101 for my message service. On this landline I can access the messages fine and if a message is left I get the normal red flashing light and change in dial tone.

When I try to access this service via my Telstra mobile using 125102 I can access the Messagebank service fine (using my phone number and pin). However it says everytime that there are no messages.

I used this service a lot in the past and it has worked fine. It has only been recently since the NBN was installed that there is now an issue.

I have tried turning the messagebank off, turning it on, changing the password, talking to Telstra for hours and no results.

Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Messagebank 125102 doesn't work

Seems that NBN (and associated VOIP) is having some hiccups with message banks and signalling. I am having similar issue on my home service. The indicator sometimes does not come up, or right now, is coming up all the time without having any messages in the bank... Had Telstra insider here resetting it once and that fixed it for several months, but when he tried this time, it did not help...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Brad737

Sounds similar, except that I can access messages fine via 125101 on my landline and get the standard light flashing and dial tone when there are messages.

It is only when I try and listen to those messages on 125102 from my Telstra mobile it always says there are no messages.

Very weird. Have tried disabling messagebank and reinstalling. Didn't make any difference.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Brad737, Is this issue still ongoing, have you been able to replicate the issue on multiple mobile phones at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Brad737

I found the solution a few days ago. Telstra had connected my phone messgaebank to a completely different phone number and somehow was going to my business phone (the same as our business phone but the last digit was 8 instead of 5).

Very weird and will organise it to get fixed in the new year

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Im glad the issue has at least been identified, let us know how it goes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more