Highlighted
karriemaia
Level 1: Cadet

Missed Call/dodgy

Answered
Missed a call saying they had an "important message" about my business account from 02 82911000.. Rang back at 1800 779 186 and they tell me they're going to look up my account, ask for name, phone number, landline number etc! Why would they need all this information when they can find the account from just the number! Hung up as I did not trust this phone call!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Missed Call/dodgy

If in doubt call 132000 and if it was a Genuine Telstra team they will have left a note on the account.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

If in doubt call 132000 and if it was a Genuine Telstra team they will have left a note on the account.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 23: Superhero

Good advice there Doc, the original number is in fact a genuine number used by Telstra call centre, normally regarding technical issues. Have you or any of your colleagues lodged a tech complaint with Telstra?

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
moonhead
Level 1: Cadet

Just had a similar call, they coulnd't even do basic verification to show they were really from Telstra... They really need to pick up their game here, if this really was Telstra, to blindly call people without identifying themselves properly (that is prove they're not scammers), is outright irresponsible. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more