Highlighted
bandjphipps
Level 1: Cadet

Moving from Optus to Telstra

Answered

Hi, myself and 2 family members are looking at transfer my Optus ph number to Telstra when the iPhone 5 is released. We are no longer on contract and now paying month by month. What details do we need to provide to swap over? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving from Optus to Telstra

@bandjphipps wrote:
Hi, myself and 2 family members are looking at moving from Optus to Telstra when the iPhone 5 is released. We are no longer on contract and now paying month by month. What details do we need to provide to swap over? Thanks.

When you do the port, you will need to supply:

• 100 Points of ID
  • Mobile Number and Account Number (for the Port)
  • Delivery/Address details if your ordering online

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

@bandjphipps wrote:
Hi, myself and 2 family members are looking at moving from Optus to Telstra when the iPhone 5 is released. We are no longer on contract and now paying month by month. What details do we need to provide to swap over? Thanks.

When you do the port, you will need to supply:

• 100 Points of ID
  • Mobile Number and Account Number (for the Port)
  • Delivery/Address details if your ordering online

B.

New Users - Click Here!

bandjphipps
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the info
Support Team
Support Team

If it helps, the details at https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/accepted-forms-of-identification outline what constitues 100 points of identification and what forms of ID are considered primary and secondary.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

zacktrey
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi,

I've pre-ordered the iphone 5 online with telstra. I'm currently with optus though my contract ended in august. From what i gathered during the pre order process, telstra will end my dealings with optus and transfer me to telstra? Or am I expected to cancel my optus service?

If telstra does cancel my service, I'm hoping it wont be in the days leading up to the iphone 5 release as I wont have a phone until then.

Thanks in advance!!!

Zack

Ben_F

@zacktrey wrote:

Hi,

I've pre-ordered the iphone 5 online with telstra. I'm currently with optus though my contract ended in august. From what i gathered during the pre order process, telstra will end my dealings with optus and transfer me to telstra? Or am I expected to cancel my optus service?

If telstra does cancel my service, I'm hoping it wont be in the days leading up to the iphone 5 release as I wont have a phone until then.

Thanks in advance!!!

Zack

You will need to contact Telstra when you receive your iPhone and they will change your number over.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

zacktrey
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks! So I shouldn't have to contact optus at all?

Ben_F

@zacktrey wrote:

Thanks! So I shouldn't have to contact optus at all?

Not at all. Telstra will manage the transfer of your number from Optus to Telstra, however its good to check if you are still in contract and what fees may apply.

DO NOT  Request that Optus disconnect your service at any stage. Telstra will do that Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now