SmallBus
Level 1: Cadet

No SIM card after 5 days

On behalf of a client, on their existing, large Telstra account, I ordered a small business SIM only plan online, because it's a good plan for the task and it's only available online. All I have is an order confirmation number.  Delivery of the SIM is specified as 2-5 days. I am in metro Sydney. 5 days later, nothing. I rang up asking for assistance as this SIM and particularly the mobile number is to go in a phone with it's new owner on a plane. 

Couldn't help me. A Telstra store couldn't help me. The plane is gone, the phone carrier will be walking into a store somewhere to get a lesser plan but it will happen immediately.. 

My issue is that Telstra cannot deliver a postcard-sized envelope in 5 days. THey also cannot give me an IMEI or a mobile number. I would have settled just for a number. 

We will have to cancel this plan, a shame. This afternoon I spent too long on hold on the number given for that, gave up, it's a job for tomorrow when I can face it.

My observation is that Telstra cannot deliver to metro city in 5 days, in the 21st century. 

They also cannot tell me anything about the SIM they are supposedly delivering, or the number attached to the account. Al I have is a confirmation number, which offers no tracking whatsoever, nor can staff do anything with it.

Have I actually bought anything? 

What options do I have other than to cancel the order?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: No SIM card after 5 days

Hi there

I am sincerely sorry to read of what has transpired recently with a sim order you have placed.

Since you have ordered this plan online, you will need to talk to someone on live chat to have this order looked into. The live chat team should be able to access the reference number you have.

Since it has not arrived yet, I would surmise there may have been an error, but at least you will be able to get some answers via the chat team.

They can be reached here:  https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing.

Please keep me in the loop with how this goes for you.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SmallBus

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried live chat, gave them the only thing I have - order confirmation number - they could do nothing. Like I said, they couldn't even tell me where it was. The person promised to hurry it along. How? Can't even see it. 

Friday, no sign of the SIM card. This is the third incident with posting things to and from Telstra. FYI, we did not receive another SIM card about 2 months ago. More recently, we sent back a phone handset on a plan for service, via Express Post and with a tracking number. This was at Telstra's request. This somehow got lost at Telstra, not in the post, because it was delivered, we checked and advised Telstra. Telstra insisted it was our problem, insisted we pay, sent us bills for the phone, then even sold that 'bill' as a debt to a debt collection agency, who then started hassling us. Outrageous. 

Your suggestion that I contact chat support is useless. I do not mean to be rude but you should know by now that chat session staff can do nothing and I suspect nor can you. if you care to, message me privately and I will give you the order confirmation number.

Are you prepared to follow up with that or can you also do nothing but offer me useless advice?

SmallBus

They can be reached here: https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing.

No they can't. Only supports mobiles on a plan. Entering the SMB order reference comes up invalid.
Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry for the lack of clarity on this. Based on what you've told me, I'd encourage you to raise a complaint via the following - http://tel.st/xgblu
You'll be assigned a case manager, who will read your complaint and the notes on your account, look at your services, and contact you to discern a resolution. 
Take note of the 'SR' reference number supplied at the end, so we can keep track of the complaint.
Please let us know how you get on, as I'd like to hear this is being addressed as a priority.
- Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SmallBus

Thanks very much for the follow-up Matthew, and for the detail. Much appreciated.

I will follow up and post.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more