CrowdSupport®
StopChargingMe
Level 2: Rookie

Porting Vodafone to Telstra

I am trying to port my Vodafone number to Telstra on the Telstra Business BYO post-paid plan $59 / month.

The SIM card arrived yesterday.  I have been trying to activate it for the past 2 days. 

I contacted Live Chat and was given a port reference number.   They said someone from porting team would call.  No one called.  So I called Telstra porting team and they said the request is not showing on their system.  They said it was for a Telstra pre-paid service. No, it's for a post-paid service.  They said they would cancel the order and put me in touch with the Sales team again.

Noooooooooooooooooo

I want to port a number (Vodafone) to post-paid (Telstra)  (onto a business plan).  Not that complicated.   

Now I am waiting for the port request to show up on Telstra's systems and get a call back. But I'm worried the order has been cancelled and this SIM card is now just a nice looking piece of plastic.   Can someone help me out ? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Porting Vodafone to Telstra

Hi @StopChargingMe,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your porting experience, I can understand your frustration.

Can I please confirm the time frame you have been advised for this call back?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now