Dan3153
Level 1: Cadet

Questions about the relocation of Business Bundle

Answered

Hello everyone,

I have some questions about the business bundle service. After called Telstra for several times, I found different stuff gave me different answers. Maybe someone from the forum can give me the information that not misleading. 

I signed the Business Bundle on July for my new business. But for some reason, I could not commence my business and the Business Bundle services sat there for 4 months unused.

When I received the first bill from Telstra on early September, I contacted my case manager to discuss my situation. We agreed to hold the bills until I can run my business and then make the payment plan. They contacted the bill department then told me I must apply for paying bill later every month and they would do that for me. I do not know this sounds right or wrong. All the information were given to me by phone no record. When I received the second bill there was a late payment fee $15. I contacted the case manager again. She called me and said they would deal with this matter. I received the latest bill on Tuesday showed I need to pay two late payment fee for the past two month. 

Last weeks I called Telstra and tried to disconnect the Business Bundle services because I surrendered the retail lease. Then I found the early terminate fee was very high. For my case, it was around $1,100. After discussed with the stuff, I could choose other options like transfer the services to a new owner to avoid the fee. Because it would take some time for the landlord to find the new tenant I can not wait and transfer to new owner at the same address. The stuff told me I could transfer to anyone at any address. And it is nothing to do with me if the internet service is not available in the new address. I asked any charge for transfer. The stuff said no charge.

This week I called the relocation team on Monday. I tried to relocate to my home address. Because I never paid the bills so I was transfer to the bill department. The stuff told me I must clear the unpaid amount first. After I paid the bills, I called back yesterday. The stuff told me actually I still need to pay the activate fee $59. And because I did not have the extra phone line I need to pay $299 to install the new one. 

I'm sorry for the long story with too much information. Now I just have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to waive the late payment fee? Telstra charged me $15 for 3 times. And Yes I could not provide any evidence if Telstra did not have the phone record for early September.

2. Now I knew there must be fees for relocation. Could someone give me the information for the details of charge? I need to find someone who would like to take the contract. Either the bundle or just internet. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Questions about the relocation of Business Bundle

tel.st/moving says $89 for a standard move, it used to be $59, but it may be still applicable for a business service as sometimes it does run at slightly different rates.

If the TPG connection is on the Telstra Wholesale Network then it would shouldn't need an onsite technician and should just be the $59, if TPG have it configured differently and it needs to be adjusted at the premise rather then just the exchange that is when the $125 On-Site fee should apply.

If you transfer just the internet, the chances are you would end up with a fee for breaking the bundle still. Because the contract is for the entire bundle removing any one service would be considered breaking the bundle typically. I wouldn't expect this to help you avoid the break fee at all.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

1) it would be something you would have to dispute if you were told it would be waived but hasn't then you can lodge an official complaint and the will review it for you. http://telstra.com/complaints

2) If the property it is being moved to needs a new phone line then $299 would be correct. $89 is the standard move fee.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Dan3153

@DrQ wrote:
1) it would be something you would have to dispute if you were told it would be waived but hasn't then you can lodge an official complaint and the will review it for you. http://telstra.com/complaints

2) If the property it is being moved to needs a new phone line then $299 would be correct. $89 is the standard move fee.

Thanks for the reply.

The stuff who I talked to yesterday told me the relocation charge was actually the same as new installation. For my case, I already have an active internet with TPG. I asked if I disconnect TPG first then do the relocation. How much it would cost. The stuff said it should be $125 for the technician onsite fee and $59 for activate fee.

1. If I transfer the internet and phone services together. What's the possible charges? Assume the new address has the phone line installed.

2. If I only transfer internet service, what's the possible charges? Then the new address most have the phone service with Telstra.

Does anyone know more details? 

Accepted Solution

tel.st/moving says $89 for a standard move, it used to be $59, but it may be still applicable for a business service as sometimes it does run at slightly different rates.

If the TPG connection is on the Telstra Wholesale Network then it would shouldn't need an onsite technician and should just be the $59, if TPG have it configured differently and it needs to be adjusted at the premise rather then just the exchange that is when the $125 On-Site fee should apply.

If you transfer just the internet, the chances are you would end up with a fee for breaking the bundle still. Because the contract is for the entire bundle removing any one service would be considered breaking the bundle typically. I wouldn't expect this to help you avoid the break fee at all.
Helpful Links

Dan3153

Thanks for the information.

I can not understand why the stuff told me I could port the internet service only as a solution. I found it was totally waste of time to call Telstra support team. 

It might be something they can do but as far as the CIS and Customer Terms stand it is all or nothing. Not to mention, with DSL connections you need an active phone service still anyway. So I don’t actually know at all.
Helpful Links

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now