CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Monkyh
Level 1: Cadet

Sim card activation

Answered
I switched from voda to telstra today but the new sim card is yet to activate. It's already been 9hrs. My vodafone one continues to work..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Sim card activation

under normal circumstances a port can take anywhere from 15min to 48 hours to complete, generally your way to know it is completed is that the SIM of the old carrier will stop working. Once the Vodafone SIM stops working, try turn off the Telstra device and turn it back on. (their can be a slight delay between the deactivation and the reactivation but usually). 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

under normal circumstances a port can take anywhere from 15min to 48 hours to complete, generally your way to know it is completed is that the SIM of the old carrier will stop working. Once the Vodafone SIM stops working, try turn off the Telstra device and turn it back on. (their can be a slight delay between the deactivation and the reactivation but usually). 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 20: Director

Churing from one provider to another can take a little while, there has been some instances recently of this occurring.

Do not worry this shouldn't take much longer mate.

Monkyh

Thanks guys!
Colleen2

I have transferred from Optus to Telstra taking my same number.

I have been given a new Sim card but need to know where to insert the PIN number to activate the phone please

Colleen Ballard

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Colleen2, 

Are you able to clarify? Do you mean the SIM PIN code? Or have you kept the same handset, and it's now asking for a different PIN? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now