Highlighted
iamjimbo
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Business Email Settings

Answered

Hi People,

I'm trying to set up a Telstra Business Email address on an Android mobile.  The issue I'm having is not related to the handset as I've tried to set the same email account setup process on several models (just in case).

The email address is run through Telstra Business and is in the username@Domain.com.au (the Domain name is not linked to a web site) format.

I've logged into Mission Control for the settings and attempted to reference them from the instructions provided by the 'instructions' on the site for email set up to outlook as there are no setting for mobile and Telstra Business have advised there is no support for mobile email for Telstra Business emails.

The error I receive is 'invalid username or password'.

I know the username for the purpose of the email set up is the actual email address (username@domain.com.au) and the password is correct (case sensitive, etc)

For the pop settings, I've tried  pop.telstrabusiness.com, mail.bigpond.com and mail.Domain.com.au and pop.Domain.com.au.  None work!

I don't have any other settings to try and I cannot find any generic settings for Telstra Business email.

Has anyone had success or similar issues?

Regards,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Business Email Settings

Hi Dotnotworking,

We are in the process of hiring and training more staff, so hopefully the wait time in the queues will improve in the near future.

Until then I can confirm that the outgoing mail server for use with a 3rd party email account is smtp.telstrabusiness.com. In these situations this server acts as a mail relay to the relevant host. In some situations the customer may have to set authentication for the outgoing mail server and use the same login details as is used on the incoming server.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

I would be interested to know if this was resolved for you, it seems that this is not a problem that others on the forum have encountered so it would be good to have the answer for customers in future.

Typically, you should be using the same mail settings for incoming mail that you use for email clients when setting those up. The outgoing mail server though can be tricky.

In most instances you can use your own mail server but not via an unsecured connection utilising port 25. I would suggest tying to use your normal SMTP server details but ensure that authenticated connection is selected and it will likely now be using port 587.

Otherwise, you can use the mail server for the provider of the internet service but I am uncertain what the default is for business mobiles. In that case I would contact our business teams for assistance on 13 2000.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

99jacqui

Hi, Just thought I would say I have exactly the same problem.

The settings given by tech support of pop.telstrabusiness.com and smtp.telstrabusiness.com do not work for me when setting up microsft outlook 07 or windows live mail. I also cannot get the email to work on galaxy note 2.

I had step by step help to set the emails up in mission control and was following the setup instructions within to set up the email programs.

Andrew
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Have you guys tried mail.pm.telstra.com as the IMAP mail server?

EDIT: ASsuming you have business mail Standard or advance

Although I'm a Telstra Employee - All words are my own and represent my opinion only - not that of Telstra.
Dotnotworking

I have no username and password - any way to get through to support in under 4 hours?
I'm using DOT and it connects to the Net fine, just need outgoing settings

Telstra's "customer service" is beyond a joke

Is there a way of not logging in to the outgoing server to send the mails on ANY of my devices ??.?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this annoyingly simple problem to fix

Thanks
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Dotnotworking,

We are in the process of hiring and training more staff, so hopefully the wait time in the queues will improve in the near future.

Until then I can confirm that the outgoing mail server for use with a 3rd party email account is smtp.telstrabusiness.com. In these situations this server acts as a mail relay to the relevant host. In some situations the customer may have to set authentication for the outgoing mail server and use the same login details as is used on the incoming server.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

InfoKid

I own my own domain (website name) and want to set up email on my iPad and phones.

At the moment it only works when I get home and the iPad connects to my home internet.... 

What are the settings please? I have been on hold with tech support for 15 mins now.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey InfoKid,

Domain emails have set outgoing servers. So this means when leaving the home and connecting to another ISP/connection the authentication fails. 

You can try turning 'my outgoing server requires authentication'. This can allow the connection in alternate servers (in some cases)

Brodie

SilvinoG

Hi,

I am setting up Business Mail (POP online not advanced) on my Samsung Android phone and can not get the Outgoing mail to work.  What are the settings for outgoing mail server, authentication type and port number?  Does it also require name and password authentication?

Thanks.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi SilvinoG,

Outgoing: Server: smtp.telstrabusiness.com

Port: 110 

SSL: No

Outgoing Mail Server Authentication: Yes (same as incoming)'

SPA: No

- Shelly

Lloyd_SunCoast

I'm trying to setup a Business Mail Standard account - and connect to an Imap Thunderbird client.

The emails are linked to a Bizessentials hosted domain name kawanawatersuc.com.au but I don't seem to be able to get the mail client to pick up the servers using the pop.kawanawatersuc.com.au or the other options that have been offered.

I'd prefer to use IMAP (which is why I chose the Mail Standard -not just Pop) because I want to be able to monitor the mailbox from multiple computers.

Is this possible or should I give up and just goe back to the POP account?

Regards,  Lloyd.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Lloyd,

There are iMAP options for Business domains. It would be best to give our Business team a call to go through the options for this and the setup. You can reach them via 1800 066 594 Smiley Happy

Brodie

jilly2
Level 2: Rookie

James did you get the email to work on your phone I have the same issue? thanks

Scottymcadam

For your incoming you need to have no Security. and for the outgoing you need to use mail.bigpond.com i believe i could be wrong ill ahve to check.
prolecs0
Level 2: Rookie

I have my own domain thru telstra, and have a Bizessentials package - "me@mydomain.com.au". It is a POP account, and it is working on my PC, but over the years I have had it, it has NEVER a simple thing to sort out.

Last time (3 years) I set email up on my mobile (SamsungS5) using the email package with the phone, I failed.

So I went to a Teletra shop. The guys managed to get it working but had no idea how they did it. So I left it working as is.

Just lately, I got sick of the spam which the Samsung program did a poor job of blocking. So I tried another email app program on the mobile. (My second gmail account I got to work ok on the new program.)

My main domain account though, I could not get working and in the process I had to delete the main account from the samsung email program, and then could not get it back working on either app.

So off to Telstra again (it's an hours drive) but both the local shop and the business centre could not get it to work.

I just wasted another couple of hours comparing the PC settings (working ok) to the Samsung app settings. However, I did notice that the Samsung program kept putting "pop3.mydomain.com.au" when it should be "pop.telstrabusiness.com". When I changed it, it just reverted to "pop3....." setting, when it did the auto logon check with the server. 

So I changed my account name to "pop.telstrabusiness.com" and it fooled it and  had access.

Then I changed the name back to "me@mydomain.com.au" and I have success!!!

Now I'm tempted to waste another day or two to see if I can get IMAP to work on either PC or mobile. Anyone WITH THEIR OWN DOMAIN, had success changing from POP to IMAP with Telstra ??

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more