CrowdSupport®
Felix_01
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Business SIP $1500.00 Licence Fee

Answered

Just had a meeting this morning which we thought was with Telstra, but was actually a Telstra Business Partner, "TelcoWorld". We were told that if we wanted to keep our existing analogue PABX and connect to the NBN we would have to pay a Telstra Business SIP Licence Fee of $1500 per line (Total $6000) and would experience a lag of 10 to 15 seconds in our calls.

This information was provided to demonstrate the financial viability of upgrading to a new Digital PABX.

I challenged the licence fee saying that I had never seen it on the Telstra website and was told that it wasn't on the Telstra Website and we would never see it there, but that it existed and would have to be paid in order to transfer the analogue Telstra services to the NBN.

Can someone in Telstra confirm this fee?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Business SIP $1500.00 Licence Fee

Thanks for your patience - the replies I've received have advised there are no additional license fees on top of the standard plan costs, and it's possible TelcoWorld are trying to convince you into moving your services to their network. While we can't access accounts via these forums, the Business chat teams at  https://tel.st/7e4ld can confirm costs for your current service to transfer to an NBN connection.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Felix_01, thanks for taking the time to contact us about this fee which has been advised in your meeting yesterday. I've asked for clarification from our Business PABX support teams and will reply here once I receive an update from them.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Felix_01

Thanks Greg.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your patience - the replies I've received have advised there are no additional license fees on top of the standard plan costs, and it's possible TelcoWorld are trying to convince you into moving your services to their network. While we can't access accounts via these forums, the Business chat teams at  https://tel.st/7e4ld can confirm costs for your current service to transfer to an NBN connection.

Felix_01

Thanks for your help..  Confirmed what I suspected.

Cheers.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now