Highlighted
Matthew15
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra One Number on Business Account

Hello,

Is the Telstra One Number (for Apple Watch Series 3) service available on Business Accounts/plans?

Thanks,

Matthew

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra One Number on Business Account

Not at this stage

They are planning on implementing it in the near future

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Matthew15

Thank you Yastiandrie. Do you have any idea why? It doesn't seem like a technical issue?

Cheers

Matthew

I don't know a lot about it but, putting it simply, it has to do with how mobiles on business/corporate plans interact with the mobile network
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
UserExperience

Another disgruntled Telstra Business customer here who wants One Number on my mobile account. From comments it would seem like Business Customers who have 14 digit account numbers are due to get One Number by year end, but it would appear that Business Customers with shorter account numbers will never get it?

Is this some pathetic Telstra nonsense about being in a different accounting system? I have been hearing that for ten years now when it comes to my account.  Why hasn't it been moved over in that time?  

Telstra should just give up on their B-Grade forays into products, sack a building full of useless marketers and just focus on their services to customers. Telstra desperately want to say they are not just data plumbing, but that's all they should be. Maybe then their customer service and share price will go up.

changingplans

Are there any updates on this situation????

Support Team
Support Team

Hi changingplans,

No updates as yet but if you have an account executive for your business services with us, please contact them directly and they can look into this further for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rudders
Level 3: Gumshoe

Well when you’re a small Business you only have an account exec magically 5 days befor your plan runs out.

Please just fix this please Telstra - loyal customer of probably 20 years which means you have an old account number which means you can’t get the latest service offerings....

And you wonder why people complain endlessly about Telstra customer servics....
btbbris

Unfortunately, accounts managers have no idea either.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi btbbris, welcome to CrowdSupport.

Not all of our Business Accounts are compatible with One Number or the underlying eSIM technology, however if you are the account holder you can call Business Mobile Support on 132 999, "Mobile Phone Fault" at the prompt and request to have the One Number Expression of Interest webform completed. A series of checks to determine compatibility will be performed on your account and an answer provided, and the service activated if your account is found to be compatible.

What the differences are between compatibility and incompatibility has not been communicated I'm afraid, so I'm not even able to ballpark a likelihood for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

btbbris

Thanks. That's the first meaningful thing about this I have read.
PeterOram
Level 2: Rookie

Unfortunately, Telstra corporation isn't providing ordinary Telstra agents with accurate information about this process. On 2 January I was told that someone from the One Number team would call be back "within 24 to 48 hours", but of course no-one did. Then on 8 January I received a system-generated SMS to say that I would be contacted by 5:00 pm AEDT Friday 19 January 2018. Despite how specific this SMS was, no-one called me. I put in a complaint. Last Thursday, the 25th, apparently unrelated to my complaint, someone from the One Number area called me. He said that he was working on Expressions Of Interest from 2 January. Yet Telstra agents are still saying that someone will call back within 4 days (or 5 days, or 2 days, depending on which agent you speak to). I don't understand why Telstra doesn't give its customers accurate, correct information, instead of deliberately giving them incorrect information.
Yeowie

It’s utter bull**bleep**, I was given the option of either buying out my plan for $1700 or basically wait and see.
PeterOram
Level 2: Rookie

I agree that it's frustrating. I now make a complaint to Telstra (and the TIO if necessary) each time something goes wrong.
My advice:
1. If a Telstra agent says that someone will call you back within X days, get the agent's Delta number, and ask them politely to put notes into your record.
2. When/if no-one phones you back in the stated timeframe, phone Telstra to make a complaint. Get the complaint number.
3. Call the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman on 1800 062 058, and make a complaint about Telstra not calling you back. Note that the TIO cannot take a complaint about a Telstra business decision - e.g. not providing One Number to some customers - but they ARE able to take a complaint about a broken promise, even if it's something relatively minor such as not receiving a call back.
Also, when you're chatting with the first-line Telstra agents, remember that they are getting paid per phone call, so chewing up too much of their time isn't polite. I much prefer to chew up the complaint staff's time, although I wish I could chew up some managers' time instead!
btbbris

See above but now my Apple Watch does have the standalone capability.
Took few weeks, but it does now work for Corporate Customers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more