in-limbo
Level 2: Rookie

Time to transfer from Telstra Business ADSL to TBB-on-NBN?

Answered

Anyone else been kept with no broadband and no solution for 12 days after cessation of ADSL2+ service and complete failure to activate the Telstra Business on NBN?

We've had sync all the time and tried 2 Telstra Gateway Pro modems and also two NBN-compatible Draytek modems and 29 phone calls to Telstra and still no solution!

Apparently Telstra Level 2 staff have now taken it to Level 3 but both Telstra and NBN steadfastly believe they have done all that is necessary...... yet there is no Internet/data exchange and another Telstra Gateway Modem is on its way!

I have had three Telstra technician visits with no success. Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Time to transfer from Telstra Business ADSL to TBB-on-NBN?

Hi in-limbo,

I am sorry to read that your connection order is in limbo, I can see how that would be a cause of concern for you.

If you have an SR case number you can share with me, I can contact your case Manager, send them a copy of this correspondence & ask that they contact you. 

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi in-limbo,

I am sorry to read that your connection order is in limbo, I can see how that would be a cause of concern for you.

If you have an SR case number you can share with me, I can contact your case Manager, send them a copy of this correspondence & ask that they contact you. 

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

in-limbo

hi Angela
Sorry this was not accepted as a solution as the service is still down (never up in fact) and its day 13...
its SR1-1445143299422
also did have case: 167 230 511
Thanks for any assistance at all, Robin
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for those case numbers, it's lead me to your case Manager & I have emailed them with a copy of this correspondence asking that they touch base with you.

I'm not sure of their schedule & can't say how quick they will call back, if you haven't heard by this time tomorrow let me know & I'll email them again.

Angela 

in-limbo

hello Angela, today is day 15 with no broadband and I have an Internet business to run!! this inexplicable delay is severaly damaging to my business and also to my confidence in both Telstra and NBN. I've enjoyed a reliable Telstra Business ADSL2+ broadband 11.5Mbps connectionfor 6 years at this address and now I have NOTHING at all? How hard can it be to provide me with Internet and not just Line Sync? I have now tried 4 modems and had 3 Telstra technician vistsand made 28 or is it 19 phone calls to Telstra yet nothing happens other than Telstra blaming NBN and vice versa.
Please someone help resolve this issue, please help, anyone?
AttenmptNo3
Level 1: Cadet

HI In-Limbo. Visit the TIO page and lodge an online complaint. You'll find a much faster response and at least a history of the issue you report
in-limbo

Hi Attempt No 3,
I have already lodged a formal complaint and Telstra's TIO 'Complaints Officer' has responded saying its NBN's fault and nothing can be done until a (the third I think) 'Ticket' expires... apparently each 'ticket' takes 5 days to expire during which time NBN have no need to do anything, if indeed, it is even their fault!
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi in-limbo,

I am sorry this is still a cause of concern for you, I can only begin to imagine how frustrating this must be.

Can I ask if your case Manager called you after I left a message for them Tuesday?

Angela 

in-limbo

hello Angela_H,
Yes as I wrote just now, he [Telstra's TIO 'Complaints Officer' ... "N" ] has been in touch and he claims to be my Case Manager. However nothing has happened, no apparent tests, no change to the 2 modems I alternately connect throughout each 24 hour period and still receive Line Sync only.
I am looking at alternatives to Telstra and have a short-list and will quit Telstra, having given notice more than once, soon.
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for the clarification, has you case Manager advised if they will be following up further? -Angela 

in-limbo

Angela, I am (WAS initially) impressed with your concern expressed in your 'thoughtful' measured answers but realise it is just a semi-advanced computer generated series of responses designed to calm/stall/sooth the hugely disappointed customer.
It hasn't worked and it won't work!
I'm dealing with real people even if they are all far away in the Philippines in Manilla.
Good bye.
Support Team
Support Team

It certainly is my job to be polite & kind to customers & appreciate & understand their individual concerns. I'm sorry if I've come across robotic, that is never my intention. 

Please know that here in the social media team we don't have full account access as this is not a secure connection live our chat services & so I wanted to understand how things have been left with your case Manager, I mean, have they said they will follow-up & be back in touch or have advised there is nothing further they can do. 

If you'd like me to email them asking that they call you as soon as they can to discuss this further I can.

Angela 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more