Highlighted
stargoo
Level 1: Cadet

Use business plan sim in prepaid mobile

I have a business plan with two phone sims that include some data as part of the plan. The sims came by themselves - ie. not bundled to a phone.

I have one of the sims in an ageing iphone. I want to replace it with something quick and cheap and more up to date, doesn't have to be an iphone.

I can get a Telstra Pre-Paid Samsung Galaxy that is locked to Telstra.

My question: can I remove the pre-paid sim from the samsung galaxy and use my existing business plan sim instead? Or are those kinds of deals tied to the actual sim that they come with?

It is from Coles, the small print in the catalogue says "Unlocking fee applies for use with a non-Telstra SIM card" which implies that I should be able to do what I am wanting to do.

And assuming that the old sim works in the new phone, I assume that it won't affect my plan call rates, data amount, etc.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Use business plan sim in prepaid mobile

Hey stargoo,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

stargoo, as long as you're using a Telstra SIM, then you should be able to use it on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet that is locked to Telstra. Let us know how you go stargoo. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more