CCMS
Level 2: Rookie

When will Telstra One number be available for Apple Watch 3 cellular owners on a corporate plan

Answered

When will Telstra One Number be available for Apple Watch Cellular users on a corporate plan? It is currently only available to consumer and small business customers.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
btbbris
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: When will Telstra One number be available for Apple Watch 3 cellular owners on a corporate plan

Here is something actually useful and cogent from another Thread. Yes, me too.

"Not all of our Business Accounts are compatible with One Number or the underlying eSIM technology, however if you are the account holder you can call Business Mobile Support on 132 999, "Mobile Phone Fault" at the prompt and request to have the One Number Expression of Interest webform completed. A series of checks to determine compatibility will be performed on your account and an answer provided, and the service activated if your account is found to be compatible."

I did this today and within 4 days something might happen.
CCMS
Accepted Solution

Re: When will Telstra One number be available for Apple Watch 3 cellular owners on a corporate plan

Hi all, as the originator of this particular thread, I can confirm btbbris' solution actually works. After months of frustration and getting the run-around from Telstra I finally got Telstra One activated on my mobile last week by following btbbris' suggestion. I couldn't get through on the 132 999 number though, it kept dropping out when you selected "Faults" and told me to "check the number you are calling and try again" which was ironic, not to mention frustrating.

I eventually got through on 1800 226870. I told them my mobile was on a corporate plan and that I'd been told One Number wasn't available for 10 digit legacy account holders and so I wanted to lodge a One Number Expression of Interest form to see if this service could be activated on our business account. The person at the other end told me that would be no problem and, after verifying that I had authority on our account, he filled out the form on my behalf while I waited on the line. One minute later he was back and gave me a reference number and said I would get a call from their 'back of house' team within 5 - 7 days.

I was doubtful I'd hear back from anyone but the very next day I received a call to say my One number order was complete and, after following their instructions on how to pair my watch to the service, I was connected. It was that simple in the end so I don't know why Telstra made it so difficult. Anyway, the service works and I'm finally able to use this feature. Hallelujah!! Thanks btbbris for the advice, without it I would still be waiting for Telstra to update me on when this feature will be available. I hope you all have the same success.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

The last rumour (and I stress, it was a rumour) that I heard, was that it should be available around the 1st January 2018.

I doubt that anything will be announced prior to it becoming available, due to the uncertainity in timings involved in upgrading all the interconnected systems that are required for it to work.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CCMS

Thanks for the info Jupiter, let's hope that it will be available to customers on corporate plans sooner rather than later.
rudders

It's the 2nd of January and nothing so far - quite frustrating I'd have to say...

joshbSA

Any news on this one?
btbbris

Is there any update to this issue. There are a number of threads. It is very annoying that this is not resolved for business costomers. And no one from Telstra seems to be bothered communicating a date that is meaningful ?

Still only available to customers with a 13 digit customer number by the looks of it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BuildThisLove

Are there any updates on this yet for corporate phone users?

Since I had posted my last response (3 minutes before you enquired @BuildThisLove ) there has been no change.
BuildThisLove

Thanks - is that just by the looks of it?

That's all the information that is available. It is still not available to 10 digit (legacy) business accounts.
btbbris
Accepted Solution

Here is something actually useful and cogent from another Thread. Yes, me too.

"Not all of our Business Accounts are compatible with One Number or the underlying eSIM technology, however if you are the account holder you can call Business Mobile Support on 132 999, "Mobile Phone Fault" at the prompt and request to have the One Number Expression of Interest webform completed. A series of checks to determine compatibility will be performed on your account and an answer provided, and the service activated if your account is found to be compatible."

I did this today and within 4 days something might happen.
btbbris

Finally, Its connected. Took a another two weeks, but it does now work.

jpslifts
Level 1: Cadet

Can you confirm if you have a 10 digit account number please.

Cheers

Shaun

btbbris

Yes, I do. Isn't that the whole point ? But to be clear...

I have an older 10 digit Account;

I saw the number and the detail about the webform (above) on a thread elsewhere;

I called the number;

They completed a 'webform';

The sent me a barrage of texts about things over 10 days;

Eventually, they called and connected me in 2 minutes after asking a series of inane querstions a week after they said they would;

It works.

Good luck

btbbris

Just follow the thread above and it will be done in a few weeks. Of course, Telstra would not actually TELL you that Smiley Happy.

David987

is there any update on this?
BuildThisLove

I finally got mine up and running yesterday
David987

do you have a 13 digit account number or 10 digit??
BuildThisLove

10!
CCMS
Accepted Solution

Hi all, as the originator of this particular thread, I can confirm btbbris' solution actually works. After months of frustration and getting the run-around from Telstra I finally got Telstra One activated on my mobile last week by following btbbris' suggestion. I couldn't get through on the 132 999 number though, it kept dropping out when you selected "Faults" and told me to "check the number you are calling and try again" which was ironic, not to mention frustrating.

I eventually got through on 1800 226870. I told them my mobile was on a corporate plan and that I'd been told One Number wasn't available for 10 digit legacy account holders and so I wanted to lodge a One Number Expression of Interest form to see if this service could be activated on our business account. The person at the other end told me that would be no problem and, after verifying that I had authority on our account, he filled out the form on my behalf while I waited on the line. One minute later he was back and gave me a reference number and said I would get a call from their 'back of house' team within 5 - 7 days.

I was doubtful I'd hear back from anyone but the very next day I received a call to say my One number order was complete and, after following their instructions on how to pair my watch to the service, I was connected. It was that simple in the end so I don't know why Telstra made it so difficult. Anyway, the service works and I'm finally able to use this feature. Hallelujah!! Thanks btbbris for the advice, without it I would still be waiting for Telstra to update me on when this feature will be available. I hope you all have the same success.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more