Highlighted
iconnect
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 6s pre order using business account and new phone feeling

Answered

Hi guys,

im a bit frustrated at the moment being a business account holder and not getting very far with various requests on how to upgrade my phone using the new phone feeling scheme. From what I have been told by 2 phone support people I can't pre order a new 6S, but need to go in to a shop to swap the phone when the new ones come in. So I ring my local business centre and they say I can register an expression of interest but cannot reserve/pre order a phone to come in and pick up.

Another call this afternoon to the small business line 132000 and the operator advises I should try pre order via web page but when I try that I get 2 options- to add the new service to an existing account, or create a new account. It also says in the fine print below that currently business pre orders for new phone feeling are currently unavailable.

Is there just a simple way I can pre order a new 6S without having to go into a business centre. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 6s pre order using business account and new phone feeling

No worries iconnect. I suspect it has something to do with the inability to forward date a contract, but I'm only guessing.

As I suggested, you could go into any store on the 25th and get it all done on the spot, but I'd be ready for an early morning if I were going to do that Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Hey iconnect,

Can I confirm you are past the 12 month mark of your current contract? This would be the only reason I can think of as to why New Phone Feeling would be ineligible.

Please have a look at this thread: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone-6s-6s-Plus/What-if-I-have-New-Phone-Feeling/td-p/...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

iconnect

Thanks for the reply Big_Dan.

my eligibility comes in to play on the 23rd of this month I believe, so it would be before the release of the phone, but not as of now.

iconnect

I had a look at the link you added and I think I might be done on a technicality unfortunately, being I am not 12 months through yet even though the phone isn't due until after that. What a bugger!
I was hoping for a nice streamlined transition.
Support Team
Support Team

Yep, ok, so the best information I have is that if you were to preorder before your eligibility kicks in, New Phone Feeling would not apply, and the remainder of the current handset would need to be paid out. On the upside, under these circumstances, you'd not have to surrender the phone, as you do when redeeming New Phone Feeling.

I think your best option at this point would be to redeem in store on the 25th, though that may involve an early morning Smiley Happy

iconnect

Thanks Again Big_Dan for your help.
It's a bugger the system can't match up the release date with the redemption date so the new phone feeling can guarantee its timed to perfection every 12 months.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

No worries iconnect. I suspect it has something to do with the inability to forward date a contract, but I'm only guessing.

As I suggested, you could go into any store on the 25th and get it all done on the spot, but I'd be ready for an early morning if I were going to do that Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now